Formuler z8. PRO. REVIEWS

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Too same Z8, old remote has more service buttons, but new remote IR1 is very simple,
    If you search button CURSOR on new IR1, you need manualy download & update new version Formuler remote app from Market.

• How do you pause live TV on the new Z8 Pro remote? I´ve found the mouse curser thanks to a previous post but there are a lot less buttons7functions on the new remote.

• First z8 pro box I bought so won't be able to compare with older model.

I find that you really need to point the remote to the unit for it to work, but will try programme it into my harmony remote, hopefully it is on the database.

I got the box for the mytv online2 app so not really interested in the rest of the features.

It is not a android tv os box but android tablet is with a skin on it like many other android boxes on the market eg zidoo etc.

It still has android 7 os with old security patch level from November 2018, so will be prone to more vulnerabilities and won't properly support any catchup apps etc. The has Google playstore but also third party market store which you do not need any login for content has has access to apitode etc.

Thanks

Being chipset used in the formule is known to produce excellent picture as seen on some of the egreat media players.

I will be getting a small USB stick for timeshift etc prob a 128gb.

I will try test plex and emby when I get chance, but for this I have an nvidia shield tv pro 2019 with proper licensed android tv os and dolby vision.

• I'm disappointed. I was hoping we would get an update on the SOC, but instead they are still using the same 5+ year old chipset. With L1 support I would have really liked to have seen them move to something with Dolby Vision, as HDR just can't compare.

• I am testing the box now. First impression is prety much the same as previous z8. Works good and fast but nothing new.

Was hoping that Netflix would work in 4K but netflix app is not compatible with this box is the error in android store. From Market picture on netflix is terrible.

• I am testing the box now. First impression is prety much the same as previous z8. Works good and fast but nothing new.

Was hoping that Netflix would work in 4K but netflix app is not compatible with this box is the error in android store. From Market picture on netflix is terrible.

Sadly Netflix picks and chooses what Android devices will work with their service. It does not matter if you have the right certs, if you are not on their approved list, you won't get HD or UHD. The only current Android devices that work are Fire Devices, Shield, the Mi Box, WeTek Devices, and the new Chromecast with Google TV.

• There is a "patched" Netflix that works on the Formuler boxes that have Widevine 1, which outputs a maximum of 1080p at 5800kbps opposed 1600kbps at 480p like normal installed mobile os Netflix.

But as Blue Thunder mentions Netflix are very particular, so the patched version is still mobile os version which requires an air mouse / mouse with the same poor navigation but does output higher due to be patched, but like any app like that can of course be temperamental.

Personal opinion is use Formuler on one HDMI port for you third party needs, then an different device on HDMI 2 for your official apps

Best of both worlds.

• 2020 and still no Netflix in 4k? That's poor!

Blame Netflix for that and they certifikation.