Z11 and Mol3 Bug and issue reports

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Ok, just bought Z11 pro and it's pretty straightforward in the iptv department. I'm enjoying my provider right now with a live match, no freezes, AFR is working pretty dope and the only time i've got connection lost error 401 was when i did a huge update on my fire stick that affected the formuler, other than that everything seems good in the iptv deparment

Now there is some problems in android permissions and i know why because i have nvidia shield and it happened there too, somehow they fixed it with a popup message that allowed the file explorer app (x-plore, fx, es, etc) to access those files ( inside internal storage -> android -> data) and we just needed to say yes, but it transported us to another app, a file explorer app that came with the rom and that's what i think is missing in the formuler. Because the popup appears on file explorer + but there is no file explorer system app to do it, so there is no way to access those files and while it's not a major issue for many, for me in kodi is very important to access those files.

Given i know this is an android 11 issue i'm going to try to find workarounds but i wanted just to let you know about my experience.

I also have a minor issue in AFR of both Kodi and Plex, meaning it works like charm, both refresh rates work ( 23,976HZ and integer values like 24HZ which is a big relief) but it always change resolution from 1080p to 4k. I would love to be able to keep it at 1080p for some movies. Still a minor issue because there is a workaround in Kodi at least by disabling AFR and put it manually before every movie but it's a bit boring to do that every time and sometimes we don't know the stuff we have in 24fps and 23,976fps, so there's that.

Keep up the good work :winking_face:

• Hi, I got a problem with series on my Z11 Pro Max... I cannot change between seasons, it keeps showing the last season episodes and I simply cannot change for season 1 episodes for example...

I got this bug on last version but also with this new update that came today :frowning_face:

• Hi Forumuler Team. We done for sorting the VOD / TV-Series issues with the latest update.

However, there is now an issue where you cannot easily fast forward or rewind on TV-Series / VOD or catchup without having to press various buttons to then be able to do it.

Is there going to be a fix for this?

• Hi

Got a bug with vod subtitle background I have change the black background to transparent but in vod it’s still black

I got that one too...

Damm I'm very unhappy with my purchase... 😥

Currently, only the Captions style function works (white on black, black on white..)

Custom Features are not available.

It will be applied in the next firmware update, Please wait for next update soon.

• Please refer to the article and check again.

Troubleshoot freezing/buffering/stutter issue on MYTVOnline

The problem only manifests using the z11 pro max. When I use another well known streaming stick there is no freezing or stuttering so dis-counts isp throttling or my IPTV provider as a problem as the same issues would still exist ? As I have already stated , the problems only started immediately after the update. The factory reset proved futile as I am only able to go back to the new updated software which is proving a pointless thing to do as for all intents purposes , this ( the new update) is actually the problem.

• STILL freezing every few seconds. Yes I’ve disabled vpn / enabled vpn. I’ve even tried a different vpn and yep nothing changed, STILL freezing. My other streaming devices are playing as they should. It’s a Z11problem. It was ok b4 the update. Please read my previous posts about this b4 suggesting things as I have tried other things to. thanks

• Stevep, might not be related but did you change developer settings like enabling CPU performance mode and/or changing Hdmi Rx version from 1.4 to 2.0? Because i did that and got presented with nasty freezing in MOL, kodi, plex, every video i play on the box, rebooted and same stuff and then put things back as they were and freezing stopped...

And btw are you usign Wi-fi 6?

• Ok, just bought Z11 pro and it's pretty straightforward in the iptv department. I'm enjoying my provider right now with a live match, no freezes, AFR is working pretty dope and the only time i've got connection lost error 401 was when i did a huge update on my fire stick that affected the formuler, other than that everything seems good in the iptv deparment

Now there is some problems in android permissions and i know why because i have nvidia shield and it happened there too, somehow they fixed it with a popup message that allowed the file explorer app (x-plore, fx, es, etc) to access those files ( inside internal storage -> android -> data) and we just needed to say yes, but it transported us to another app, a file explorer app that came with the rom and that's what i think is missing in the formuler. Because the popup appears on file explorer + but there is no file explorer system app to do it, so there is no way to access those files and while it's not a major issue for many, for me in kodi is very important to access those files.

Given i know this is an android 11 issue i'm going to try to find workarounds but i wanted just to let you know about my experience.

I also have a minor issue in AFR of both Kodi and Plex, meaning it works like charm, both refresh rates work ( 23,976HZ and integer values like 24HZ which is a big relief) but it always change resolution from 1080p to 4k. I would love to be able to keep it at 1080p for some movies. Still a minor issue because there is a workaround in Kodi at least by disabling AFR and put it manually before every movie but it's a bit boring to do that every time and sometimes we don't know the stuff we have in 24fps and 23,976fps, so there's that.

Keep up the good work :winking_face:

That's the only real issue I'm having aswell,had the exact same problem on my z10 in kodi or any other external player when playing a 1080/720 movie when it will always force up scaling to 4k when afr is enabled,turn off afr and 1080p plays at 1080p,it isn't jst a kodi issue as I tried mx/vlc and a few others,everything else work at 4k hdr 23/24 fps ext,Plz fix this issue

• That's the only real issue I'm having aswell,had the exact same problem on my z10 in kodi or any other external player when playing a 1080/720 movie when it will always force up scaling to 4k when afr is enabled,turn off afr and 1080p plays at 1080p,it isn't jst a kodi issue as I tried mx/vlc and a few others,everything else work at 4k hdr 23/24 fps ext,Plz fix this issue

If only we could find a way to lock resolution at 1080p when source is 1080p...

• Stevep, might not be related but did you change developer settings like enabling CPU performance mode and/or changing Hdmi Rx version from 1.4 to 2.0? Because i did that and got presented with nasty freezing in MOL, kodi, plex, every video i play on the box, rebooted and same stuff and then put things back as they were and freezing stopped...

I was getting some freezing on a 4k stream and reset the developer settings you mention. Freezing in MOL has ceased. (ethernet connection)...could this be a heat issue in CPU performance mode???

Hi , thanks for the reply. I haven’t changed anything as I’ve only recently purchased the device and set it up straight out of the box so to speak. I’m using wifi 5 with 300Mbps so buffering really shouldn’t be an issue.

• I was getting some freezing on a 4k stream and reset the developer settings you mention. Freezing in MOL has ceased. (ethernet connection)...could this be a heat issue in CPU performance mode???

I'm not sure but i doubt it, it must be Android 11 related. It's probably related to the new energy saving stuff google introduced in Android 11... I know that performance took a big hit from Android 9 to 11 on nvidia shield, about 20% less and they still didn't fix that. Ofc on nvidia shield you will only notice that while gaming hard.

On Z11 pro and Pro Max might be Android 11 or the fact that this is a brand new SOC and GPU and formuler devs will probably get us around 50% more performance in the next months, that's why i assume that option is there, for devs to test it...

For now i can tell you that without messing up with developer settings i can do almost everything i do on nvidia shield (apart from the obvious - geforcenow and AI upscaling) and last night i was playing RR3 and Asphault 8 for about ~2 hours and after that box was barely warm...no drops, everything smooth...gamepad BT pairing works with my PS4 controllers so there's that.

PS: I believe this GPU can do nice scaling stuff if well explored...

Hi , thanks for the reply. I haven’t changed anything as I’ve only recently purchased the device and set it up straight out of the box so to speak. I’m using wifi 5 with 300Mbps so buffering really shouldn’t be an issue.

Did you try or can you try ethernet to see if freezing stops?

Hey!

Have noticed something strange with my Z11pro max that I don't have against the same provider on my Z10 pro and with the same settings (XC Api portal) and it's not buffering, or freezing it's only in live Tv not in VOD or series, " a very short replay" just as the commentator staked himself and then repeats the same thing again for a few seconds. No warnings or error codes, it happen unexpectedly, it happens a number of times during a TV-program. Cannot be predicted so I can document it unfortunately.

If there were network disturbances, they should occur on my Z10 as well.....?

What can it be? Anyone else having the problem?
    Otherwise, my Z 11 now works perfectly and I am satisfied.

• Stevep

Contact me through conversation and post detailed issues description and hardware you are using (Router, ISP etc.) I will try to help. You can use your native language.

• All my iptv services are working great on mytvonline3. The problem I'm having is with a well known free m3u playlist, PlutoTV. On every other player I've tried it works fine but on mytvonline3 every time it comes to a commercial the stream freezes and won't come back on unless I switch channels and come back then it restarts. The guide and channels load perfectly its just the commercial problem. If anyone has a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Just wanted to let you know after most recent update this problem still persists.🙂

• Hi all !

A big concern is to note for those who benefit from the replay function of their provider. It is impossible to move forward or backward during playback, for example to access the start of the program more quickly or to skip advertisements.

Thank you for taking this into account in the next update.

• Hi all !

A big concern is to note for those who benefit from the replay function of their provider. It is impossible to move forward or backward during playback, for example to access the start of the program more quickly or to skip advertisements.

Thank you for taking this into account in the next update.

I can confirm that, replay isn't possible as we don't have any forward or backward buttons on remote to preform that option on live channels but i assume those 3 bottom buttons on the remote can be used for that in the future. By now you can go right to EPG and start the live event and seek somewhere close to the action you want to watch again...

• I can confirm that, replay isn't possible as we don't have any forward or backward buttons on remote to preform that option on live channels but i assume those 3 bottom buttons on the remote can be used for that in the future. By now you can go right to EPG and start the live event and seek somewhere close to the action you want to watch again...

Thank you for your reply. But I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to use the arrows on the remote control to be able to navigate during the replay...

• Thank you for your reply. But I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to use the arrows on the remote control to be able to navigate during the replay...

Neither do i. I see some kind of seek bar and we can navigate into that on vod and EPG for watching previous aired stuff, still that bar is there on live channels but we can't navigate trough it. I think it will be possible in the future or perhaps just using formuler remote app to remap those hotkey buttons to forward and rewind, but i did that and it doesn't recognize the command when i try them while watching the channel!!!

• Hi guys I will be grateful for help to fix this issue. My MOL3 takes about a minute to zap between channels. In Live TV when I change to another channel it takes about 30sec to 1 minute to connect to the channel. What I have observed is signal bar is grayed out meaning no connection. I don't know why this happens on the Z 11 pro max bcos when I connect the same service by the same protocol and network on the Z 8 pro it works flawlessly zapping is instant no problem. Initially I thought it was a provider issue we tried all tricks and it didn't solve it. I will be happy for any help to fix this. Am connected by stalker mac/I'd, have the latest firmware, network wired/ethernet