Very often no sound

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi,

I have the formuler z11 pro max now a couple of times but very often I have nog sound when turning the device on.

I have to restart the box to get the sound back.

The setup:

Formuler Z11 Pro Max

Samsung Sounbar HW-Q950A

LG TV

My parents got the same issue, they have an LG TV with no soundbar, just the Formuler Z11 Pro Max.

Regards,

Robert

• When you press Volume +- doesn`t bring the sound back?

Which FW and SW version is installed on the boxes?

• I got my Z11 Pro Max a couple of days ago and had the same problem (Marantz AV receiver : HDMI =>Z11 PM, no such problems on my Z+ Neo)

I installed Audio Optimizer for Android 1.2.3 and never had the problem again, but the volume is low....have to crank the Marantz up, almost to the max....(looking for a solution for this issue...)

You have to be very careful when you switch the Marantz to a different source........

• I have a similar issue - Samsung TV & sound bar. I have to disable/re-enable my bluetooth connection throughout the day as it drops out intermittently, the sound gets a lot of static & sounds hollow. The bluetooth icon on the homescreen shows connected, I have to disconnect & reconnect to resolve the problem. I have an identical tv & soundbar that I've swapped out to rule out the TV or the soundbar. I have Audio Optimizer installed & checked for updates. MOL3 & Media players are updated. I did not have this issue with the Z10.

• Same issue , like Pixelhouse. Somtimes i have to restart the box to get the sound back. Is ther a fix ????

• So i have this problem too en all software en firmware are up too date.

Always must restart z11 pro max en the sound is back

lg tv

sonos arc

play one

• Hi, I have exactly the same thing, When I turn on the device, sometimes I have no choice I have to do a complete restart, After resetting, beta, updates.

It's often when I turn it off in the evening and turn it on the next morning, I tried on two different TVs, it's exactly the same.

• My box had the same issue. I asked the seller of the box, but they had no clue.

My box came with an App installed called Audio Optimizer" so I ran it (couldn't get any worse) and everything was great after this.

I put it on every time because otherwise I don't have sound so it doesn't become her.

• Official Post

Have to restart the box to get the audio back.

Same issue , like Pixelhouse. Somtimes i have to restart the box to get the sound back.

Always must restart z11 pro max en the sound is back

When I turn on the device, sometimes I have no choice I have to do a complete restart,

still have the problem...not every time ....but every now and then

Does the sound come back if you press VOL up/down on the remote?

• Does the sound come back if you press VOL up/down on the remote?

No the sound comes not back by pressing VOL up/down on the remote only with restart.

• would you like to test with the hdd /memcard disconnected from the box?

okay, I can do that, but it can take a while ,because it does not happen all the time. Iwill let you know.

• Official Post

No the sound comes not back by pressing VOL up/down on the remote only with restart.

Please share a video of the issue next time it happens.

You can upload the video to https://streamable.com or other similar video hosting sites.

The video should contain the following elements:

1. Start at the Home screen on your Formuler
    2. Show the volume buttons being pressed on the remote. Make sure you are pressing the STB volume control buttons and NOT the TV volume control buttons.
    3. Show the volume bar that appears on the TV screen when you press the volume buttons on the remote
    4. Press the TV volume button to show the TV volume is not muted
    5. Open Youtube and play any video to show there is no sound output

To be clear, you should be pressing the STB button highlighted below:

• I got my Z11 Pro Max a couple of days ago and had the same problem (Marantz AV receiver : HDMI =>Z11 PM, no such problems on my Z+ Neo)

I installed Audio Optimizer for Android 1.2.3 and never had the problem again, but the volume is low....have to crank the Marantz up, almost to the max....(looking for a solution for this issue...)

You have to be very careful when you switch the Marantz to a different source........

This may have been mentioned or you may have checked yourself but it took me a little while as I use a smart remote. I noticed the same issue as you when first connecting my soundbar. I had to turn my soundbar volume up high (using my smart remote). It was because once I had connected the sound bar it didn’t replace the volume setting of the z11, but instead added another volume, if that makes sense?! The volume was low on the z11 (using the z11 remote) so I had to crank it up on the Bose, I then realised that putting the volume up with the z11 remote was changing the volume option on the z11, not the Bose. So I put that up high and then I could turn the volume down on the bose so it was more stable when changing sources. No problems now.

• it was indicated before in situation of using sound bar or even tv speakers set the volume of the z series box to max then use the audio output device to then adjust the volume level.

the formuler remote can be set to use dual volume controll but this can confuse some.

• I have the same problem with the Z11 Pro Max.. Every now and then no more sound untill I restart my box. Seems like it's the only way to fix it.

I'm starting to miss my Z10 Pro Max.

• Official Post

We need more data:

1. Is Surround Sound off or auto?

2. How is your box connected, to tv, to avr, to soundbar? Please detailed configuration.

3. Is latest update installed and factory reset done?

Like stated in Post from 175n:

Please share a video of the issue next time it happens.

You can upload the video to https://streamable.com or other similar video hosting sites and post the video link here. Thank you.