Z Mini Info thread

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• My personal opinion is that I am happy to have a new box that I can put in my pocket at any time and take with me and connect anywhere. But this one can completely keep up with the others in terms of performance.

It all depends on usage. If you want something more stationary, the Z11 is always the first choice. If you want something new that you can take with you quickly, then the Z mini is ideal.

It's all a question of use.

As you say,for the time being i will stick to my Z11PM for the moment,esp because of the fact that the interesting feature of QMS will not work on my TV set (only late versions of e.g LG tv enable this function)

Another drawback of the z mini i find the lack of recording possibilities,without additional USB connectors.

Nevertheless,never say never,as i am impressed by the technological innovations of the z mini,and when i am going to buy a new tv that enables QMS,i will certainly reconsider buying a z mini :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• My personal opinion is that I am happy to have a new box that I can put in my pocket at any time and take with me and connect anywhere. But this one can completely keep up with the others in terms of performance.

It all depends on usage. If you want something more stationary, the Z11 is always the first choice. If you want something new that you can take with you quickly, then the Z mini is ideal.

It's all a question of use.

Thank you , i was worried about the performance side , since he have only 8Go of storage which is ridiculous in 2024 on a 124€ device.

What about the audio DD+ is everything working fine

• What about the audio DD+ is everything working fine

Didn`t tested yet but i don`t see any reason why this should not work like others.

• of course not, how do you come to this

I meant for the apps, not the subscriptions. The Z10 is still only able to use the mobile versions of iTVX(UK) and Channel 4(UK) apps due to not being 'licensed' for the Android TV versions. It also had problems with the Netflix app when the box first came out.

• Code
    bonjour, le problème vient du Zmini, la télécommande est correctement configurée mais l'Assistant Google ne fonctionne pas. Il nous écoute mais entend 1 fois sur 10 ce que nous disons.
    pensant que cela venait de la télécommande Bluetooth, j'ai testé avec une autre télécommande BT1, le problème persiste.
    les 2 télécommandes fonctionnent très bien sur un Z10 formulé avec assistant google fonctionnel.

J'ai effectué une réinitialisation d'usine du zMINI mais le problème est toujours présent.

J'ai déjà ce problème sur 2 zminis.

je pense qu'une mise à jour est nécessaire
  • Could you please translate your post from French into English,this is a english Forum only :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• Code
    hello, the problem comes from the Zmini, the remote control is configured correctly but the Google Assistant does not work. He listens to us but hears 1 time out of 10 what we say.
    thinking that it came from the Bluetooth remote control, I tested with another BT1 remote control, the problem persists.
    the 2 remote controls work very well on a formulated Z10 with functional google assistant.

I did a factory reset of the zMINI but the problem is still present.

I already have this problem on 2 zminis.

I think an update is necessary
  • Code
    hello, the problem comes from the Zmini, the remote control is configured correctly but the Google Assistant does not work. He listens to us but hears 1 time out of 10 what we say.
    thinking that it came from the Bluetooth remote control, I tested with another BT1 remote control, the problem persists.
    the 2 remote controls work very well on a formulated Z10 with functional google assistant.

I did a factory reset of the zMINI but the problem is still present.

I already have this problem on 2 zminis.

I think an update is necessary

In order to isolate the issue, please open the YouTube app on your device. Go to "Search" and click the microphone icon to start searching with your voice.

Share your results in your next reply. (in English)

• I got the Z11 Pro here, but never noticed a black screen while changing from channels or slower movement, its already very good with HDMI 2.1. Don't know exactly what QMS is standing for but i gonna buy me a Z mini to, because the simple dongle and connection to USB behind tv or laptop etc..

• I got the Z11 Pro here, but never noticed a black screen while changing from channels or slower movement, its already very good with HDMI 2.1. Don't know exactly what QMS is standing for but i gonna buy me a Z mini to, because the simple dongle and connection to USB behind tv or laptop etc..

You probably never noticed black screen while changing channels because AFR(automatic frame rate) is set to off in your settings.

QMS stands for Quick Media Switching,and is unfortunately only available on some recent tv sets.

The QMS concept is clearly explained by SAM in his first post of the zmini info thread.

I am also tempted to buy a zmini,but will wait for a while to monitor early adopters experiences :smiling_face:

• You probably never noticed black screen while changing channels because AFR(automatic frame rate) is set to off in your settings.

QMS stands for Quick Media Switching,and is unfortunately only available on some recent tv sets.

The QMS concept is clearly explained by SAM in his first post of the zmini info thread.

I am also tempted to buy a zmini,but will wait for a while to monitor early adopters experiences :smiling_face:

Yep its turned off because cropped channels to. resolution sometimes goes back to 4:3 16:3 etc.. My provider got the most channels already in 4k 50 fps or higher, no need for qms i think so.

• I think you don't understand, I am a formuler reseller and not just a consumer.

I know the process of the BT1 remote control very well.

I have hundreds of formuler sales under my belt.

I have just sold 10 Zmini and before each sale I do the installation 2 zmini out of 10 have the same problem the Google Assistant does not work!!! it activates but nothing happens when we speak.

Thank you for not taking it lightly.

• Please create a support ticket for this issue at https://support.formuler.tv so the issue can be properly tracked and escalated if necessary.
    Use the chatbot to create the ticket.

• A simple question for all z mini users;

Is epg on XC connection available for the full 6-7 days?

• New
    • Official Post

No Henkie, same like on Z11. If you need 6-7 days EPG so badly then change to stalker and Alternate EPG, problem solved.

• How can I get help with using mytvonline 3 configuration tool? I brought some mini and would love to set it up that way and not have my dns shown. Is it any videos for that? I keep getting a error message when trying to put in the code. Thanks

• New
    • Official Post

How can I get help with using mytvonline 3 configuration tool? I brought some mini and would love to set it up that way and not have my dns shown. Is it any videos for that? I keep getting a error message when trying to put in the code. Thanks

Create a support ticket using the chatbot at https://support.formuler.tv

• I’ve been through this thread and can’t see anything about what I’ll post so here goes.

I actually have 3 Z11 pro max’s in use but I’ve
    Just setup a Z mini because Itl be great for when I travel and seems an excellent little device.

Perfect addition to the Formuler line up.

Love how a feature that’s been requested so many times has appeared within MTOL3 on the mini.

For those wondering, when you have multiple providers channels in a list, you can actually select the name of the provider you want to view.

So the requests were a collapsible folder when you press groups and this is a similar thing Formuler have come up with and it’s excellent! Very helpful.

Now I have just one “negative” about this feature or it may have been missed by the devs or it’s deliberate but I’ll say anyway.

If you have pinned bouquets and also put them in an order to your preference, I notice the feature mentioned above will show no channels when selecting a provider, however the pinned groups will appear in the main groups heading.

If you don’t use the pin option, they appear as normal per provider.

Consider pinning bouquets is done only for reordering them so it’s a necessary feature.

Hopefully this piece can be looked at?

Apologies if that isn’t the best description above, those with a mini and multiple providers will understand what I mean.

Apart from that, excellent device!

• Didn`t seen any yet.

For me it is some change and better quality in SD but not so significant to say WOW. How ever, it depends always from user and what he see, someone will see it instantly and someone not.

Is this feature available on z11 pro? How do we activate it? Is it useless on HD? Or is it only on Z mini? And in this case does the z mini have the same power/processor as the Z11 Pro?

• Hello,

I have a Formuler Z11 Pro Max and an LG G3 TV that supports QMS.

I see that the new Z Mini has QMS which could be very handy, as well as android 12.
    Is there a chance that the Z11 Pro Max will have an update to Android 12 as well and that QMS support will be added if it's not a limitation of the Realtek chipset? Because the Z11 Pro Max has an HDMI 2.1 port...

Thanks in advance for the feedback :smiling_face:

• Hello,

I have a Formuler Z11 Pro Max and an LG G3 TV that supports QMS.

I see that the new Z Mini has QMS which could be very handy, as well as android 12.
    Is there a chance that the Z11 Pro Max will have an update to Android 12 as well and that QMS support will be added if it's not a limitation of the Realtek chipset? Because the Z11 Pro Max has an HDMI 2.1 port...

Thanks in advance for the feedback :smiling_face:

So far i know are all devices (exclusingen the gtv) coming with one software version. Only security updates have i seen. Not software versions to another android version.

• New
    • Official Post

How do you activate this feature on z11 pro?

You can`t, at least not for now. QMS is possible on Z mini because the SoC (and SoC manufacturer’s SDK) supports it AND because Z mini runs Android 12 OS. Both conditions need to be met in order for QMS to work.

Formuler consider continuously all possibility`s. So this means, anything is possible and nobody knows the future. If all match and the way is open to implement and update QMS and OS, then it could be possible. We will see what future brings with it.

Back to the roots, this is z mini thread and not Z11 thread. So please place questions about Z mini here and not about other boxes.

Thank you for your understanding.