Formuler z7+ keeps disconnecting from my internet.

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Model: Formuler Z7+

Retail Box or Provider Box: Retail Box

Firmware version and date: - latest official one (not beta)

MYTVOnline version and date: latest official one (not beta)

Did you factory reset your device? and when?: yes I've tried it a couple of times

What issue(s) are you having? (please provide full details of issue in an easy to understand manner)

The box keeps disconnecting from my internet connection approx every 5-10 mins, then I have to either disconnect the wireless and connect again or I have to reboot the box , I have to connect by wifi and the box is right near the router.

I cannot connect by ethernet cable as I have sky q router for the internet and there is something up with the router as it won't keep an ethernet connection at all for more than 5-10 mins on anything , this I believe is an issue with the router firmware as I have been through 3 routers and many cables all with the same result. -

however all my other devices are ok with wifi. I have on average 73mb down and 19up speed.

I was on virgin media internet when I first got the box and that worked great.

What have you tried if anything to rectify the issue? (i.e. rebooted device, factory reset, powered off device, replaced cable etc.)

Replaced cables , changed router 3 times. , factory reset a couple of times , I have even sent the box back to world of satellite and they tested it for a few days with no problems. I have changed the wifi network onto different channels and tested both 2.4 and 5g

I know this is more likely to be an issue with my router but would there be any reason why the formuler z7+ keeps disconnecting from the wifi

• Official Post

Just one idea. Could you please change the 2.4Ghz Channels ( router) from automatic to fixed one or if set already fix to automatic? I saw few times that router get problems with 2.4Ghz and hard used channels, then he steel Z7+ almost complete bandwidth, result is collapse or buffering.

In this case is 5Ghz the solution, of course if this is the problem.. If you can, test with gigablue wifi usb dongle -> S and Z series compatibility test and devices. , should help to get stable con. in 5Ghz network.

• Just one idea. Could you please change the 2.4Ghz Channels ( router) from automatic to fixed one or if set already fix to automatic? I saw few times that router get problems with 2.4Ghz and hard used channels, then he steel Z7+ almost complete bandwidth, result is collapse or buffering.

In this case is 5Ghz the solution, of course if this is the problem.. If you can, test with gigablue wifi usb dongle -> S and Z series compatibility test and devices. , should help to get stable con. in 5Ghz network.

Cheers for the advice I’ll give it a try .

Should never have left virgin media for the internet nothing but problems since I changed it over

• Intertest that you are having the same LAN disconnects as i have recently.. I have the Z8 box and experiencing Lan disconnections, when i go to `network and select IP settings and then "`DHCP" i get connected after a couple of seconds rather then reboot.

ive also upgrade my Sony android to Oreo and now getting the same on that too.. annoying..

had a new box delivered today and still the same disconnects, have new LAN cables arriving tomorrow hoping that will fix the issue.. Sky state that they have never heard of this issue but you seem to have gone through many Sky-q routers so their knowledge base must be poor.

update this thread with your finding please as no doubt i'll need another router soon rather than having to send the Z8 back.

thanks

• Official Post

Could you please test following: Go to router settings and change the DNS Server from ISP DNS Server to Google DNS Server and save. Leave feedback.

Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers.

• Hi,

Thanks for the info, will ask if Sky have a hidden menu on their router to change the DNS.. Meanwhile, as my Broadband speeds are only 35mbps max I may go down the LTE router path as I can get up to 60mbps from a LTE connection.. just doing my homework now on pro's and con's... then have a router that I can have open house on and not ISP locked..

don't think my mates will let me play with their router and configure for sky and test..I tend to break things. :smiling_face:

thanks

• Official Post

This issue seems to be isolated to users in the UK.

Sky provided routers/hubs have a lot of issues, just check the sky forums and you will see.

Please try to use a different dedicated router or seek assistance from Sky.

If you're not from the UK and aren't using Sky-provided routers/hubs, please list your router make/model in this thread.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I have a old z7+ and brand new zx and a brand z8

the z8 is the only one dropping out same as this post so its nothing to do with the router guys.

• sky q router : try disabling IPv6 LAN side on the router. Type 192.168.0.1 in any web browser

select advanced tab, log in with admin / sky. Select the LAN IP Setup tab, scroll down and untick "Enable IPv6 on LAN side" and apply the changes.router will reboot

then connect ethernet cable to box this should give you a wired connection without kicking you off after a few minutes