Not sure if this is buffering or not

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• HI,

Been struggling with this for weeks. I will occasionally get the loading circle ( picture is still on the screen ) while watching which is fine and it happens rarely that is not a problem. The issue that I am having is a black screen ( picture totally gone ) for 1-2 seconds and then the picture reappears and programming resumes. Some days it is worse than others but it does happen all the time, usually every couple of minutes to the point that it becomes unwatchable. I love the Mytvonline software and that is why I bought the device but I need it to work properly. Tried it both hardwired and wireless, same result. It has been so bad that I have begun to use Perfect Player on a different device with no problems at all and the programming runs fine. I have done the factory reset, I've tried M3U and MAC address connection, I'm out of ideas.

Not really sure what the issue is. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• If the buffer "fuel gauge" in the info bar goes empty and then you see the black screen with the loading circle, then it is buffering.

When the screen goes black, do you lose all OSD components as well?
    An easy way to test this is to change the OSD timeout settings in MOL to "Never" and see if the entire HDMI connection goes black, or if it is just the stream blacking out.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• There is no loading circle when this happens.

I do see the "fuel gauge" refill when the picture does come back.

The screen goes black and I lose all OSD components for 1-2 seconds and then it comes back. Happens frequently so I am thinking it has something to do with my internet connection. Maybe swap out the Ethernet cable and the HDMI cable?

Ill change the OSD timeout settings as you suggested.

Any other ideas?

Edited once, last by dryoatemal27 (October 4, 2018 at 5:11 PM).

• Hello,

I have a connection of 16 Mb/s and on some channels, I have a lot of buffering (the blue gauge fills up, then emptied, freeze image and the round appears).

I would like to know if this comes from my internet connection (the flow of the channel tells me a bitrate of 5300) or my setting of the delay of the buffer?

Thank you for your feedback

• Having a similar issue. Virtually every 30 seconds it goes black and then immediately reconnects.

As if my box is intermittently losing connection temporarily. Doesn't happen with any other device in the house. Does the same thing on WiFi.

Making everything virtually unwatchable.

• Having a similar issue. Virtually every 30 seconds it goes black and then immediately reconnects.

As if my box is intermittently losing connection temporarily. Doesn't happen with any other device in the house. Does the same thing on WiFi.

Making everything virtually unwatchable.

Provide the following information please:

ISP Name

Make/Model of your router

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• For me :

ISP Name : Orange (France)

Make/Model of your router : Livebox 4

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that by blocking internet access by the wifi of the formuler and leaving access by ethernet, there is less buffering.

I was unable to remove the wifi connection on the formulate and I was forced to block it on my router

• Hello,

I still do not understand how to optimize the setting of the delay of the buffer.

What is the point of increasing or reducing it (I have a connection of 16 Mb/s )?

Thank you for your feedback

• Thank's Lucky133, but when I manually modify my DNS on the formuler, it goes into static address and I no longer have access to the Internet. My ISP does not seem to allow static addresses. Do you have an opinion?