Very slow ethernet connection

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I noticed how slow my internet connection is on the Formuler Z7+, so I dug around on the forum and did the following:

I put a static IP address of 192.168.1.102 and also put this as an "Bind IP to MAC" in my router. But I can't cat past 25Mbps download on the Formuler using Speedtest.net. However, I do get my max of 40 Mbps upload?!

I've got a 400 / 40 Mb and if I do the same speed check on my PC, I do get between 350 and 400 Mbps down and over 40 Mbps up. I have a Draytek router, which has a true 800 Mbps throughput.

Please tell me how I can improve the download speed, because I am not able to watch 1080P movies/series, without buffer issues.

• Mevi is right changing to static ip will help but max you will get is 95mbps due to the ethernet limits of 100mbps they cheaped out. If they had a giga bit ethernet you would get whatever your ISP can dish you up to 1000mbps

W3 antenna will get you about 200-400 mbps down

• Mevi is right changing to static ip will help but max you will get is 95mbps due to the ethernet limits of 100mbps they cheaped out. If they had a giga bit ethernet you would get whatever your ISP can dish you up to 1000mbps

W3 antenna will get you about 200-400 mbps down

I understand, I'm never able to get my full download speed with the 100 Mbit ethernet connector, but I don't even pass the 15 - 20 Mbit speed, which is much less then the 80 - 90 Mbps I should be able to get. I'm starting to wonder if the ethernet connector is faulty or something....

• First of all; thank you for your efforts to help me out!

I tried it with wifi and that sticks at 15Mbps download, but also around 40Mbps upload. Wired with a static IP of 202 (I was hoping that a higher number would solve the problem) at the end won't surpass 20-25 Mbps.

I even swapped the router for another Draytek 2130n router, but that didn't do anything either.

I tried the cable stuck in the same port of the router in the PC and get a 370-380 Mbps, so both the cable and port of the router are not the bottle neck as such.

What I find interesting is that my upload speed in these tests is a constant of 40 Mbps, which is my maximum?!

So the ethernet connector is able to have a throughput of at least 40Mbps. But somehow not doing it with the download side. Really weird (and frustrating)

PS I found that after I tested with wifi, it stayed connected as well, so I did a "forget" to make sure the connection was wired only.

I really hope I will be able to solve this issue fast, so I am able to watch the 1080P movies and series via my "IP provider"

• I have done speed test 20 times in a row for all weekend in the evenings. Speed is always 93-94 up and the same down. Put to static ip

and im wired to the router.

If i put wi-fi on i get 14-15mbps down and around 30mbps up and all other equipment and i got a few got atleast 150 mbps down and near 100 up.

This ethernet connector on this box is not working good and its sold as a premium box.

So i suffering anyway from buffering sometimes not every 5 minutes but from now and then.

swap Chanel and the three indicators become blue instant.

Doesnt matter if i do 10 times in a row its always 3 blue indicators.

Have been doing maybe 60-70 speed test and always the same result around 94-94 up and down.

Start wondering if its a bug in mytvonline app?

Has anyone a solution?

• Are you saying your Formuler box is wired to the router and you’re ‘only’ getting 93-94 down? If so, nothing is wrong. The box has a 100mbps lan port so the most you should see is in the low 90s

• Yes i have max speed wired but it should not start buffering or am i wrong?

But wi-fi is horrible on this box so i cant even test the box in wi-fi mode all other equipment i have on wi-fi is 150 mbps or above down and around 94 mbps upp.

Mytvonline must have a bug?

When the buffering starts the 3 indicators become blank but like i said always 3 blue indicators as soon you can see them or when i swap channels 20 times in a row.

• Well I only do a simple internet speed test and I get my full 120mbps down which I pay for. BUT, I’m not performing a more accurate lan test (ie speeds between two devices on my network) which might provide more insight.

• try at ethernet settings to change dns server to 9.9.9.9

And restart.

Or change dns to 8.8.8.8

And restart.

Also shut down then the wifi on the box.

Als set in mytvonline at settings the HLS option to normal and buffer 3 seconds.

Let me know my friend.