We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Are you using WIFI. have you tried hard wiring just to check. Think you have to switch off WIFI for cat 5 to work.

Silly thought. Your not using 1 connection on both box's are you,

I have tried everything with WiFi, cable, HDMI etc. every time a black screen on that one box. I have a subscription with 2 connections from my provider. I read here that more and more people suffer from a black screen but that they (Support) say it every time that it is up to the provider. I have 2 Z8 and one works fine and the other is not, with the same provider. so it must be at the box/mol2. I am now going to try tivimate.

• I have 2 Z8 and one works fine and the other is not, with the same provider. so it must be at the box/mol2.

Gemma,

This is why it is difficult to diagnose the issue.

Box 1 - hey no problem here, everything is perfect.:face_with_tongue:

Box 2 - what the :smiling_face_with_horns:, call provider - not my problem, look for answers why the app is not working. Contact forum and see others have same issue while many have no issues.:thinking_face:

• It's happened on both Z7+5G and Z8 pro.

Same provider, 2 different lines

Both connected via wifi and went down same time.

Z7+5G - confirmed internet connection by switching to live streaming app

Z8 pro - MyTVOnline 2 info screen attached image

switched to TiviMate, still black screen error occurred code 403, checked internet speed - 62Mbps.

Edited once, last by greenfordraj (December 18, 2020 at 11:13 AM).

• I have tried everything with WiFi, cable, HDMI etc. every time a black screen on that one box. I have a subscription with 2 connections from my provider. I read here that more and more people suffer from a black screen but that they (Support) say it every time that it is up to the provider. I have 2 Z8 and one works fine and the other is not, with the same provider. so it must be at the box/mol2. I am now going to try tivimate.

Just because its same provider doesn't mean it's same server in all cases

Server 1 is Currently UP

Server 2 is Currently UP

Server 3 is Currently UP

From a providers site

• Instead of installing Tivimate, I did a restore again. Now an initial. It worked fine for hours until I changed to a channel and was asked to install a codec. I had a picture but no sound on that channel. Then it went wrong again ..... black screen.

The Z8 that no longer works properly is from the beginning of 2019, the well-functioning box from the end of 2019.

• Instead of installing Tivimate, I did a restore again. Now an initial. It worked fine for hours until I changed to a channel and was asked to install a codec. I had a picture but no sound on that channel. Then it went wrong again ..... black screen.

And what have you done then exactly, installed the codecs from pop up menu or install "Audio Optimizer" from Market and executed?

• And being arrogant towards customers who have major problems with your products is not productive, and does not make things better.

And yes, you really should change the way your ticket system works! Alternatively, make functional products.

If it is difficult, then at least make sure that there are staff who do not annoy the customers even more.

Who is now arrogant? I don`t remember that any from the stuff including my person, say anything to you here, but you now start to blame on us.

• Just as extended info: 70% of reports about black screen are coming from Sweden last days!

• What would be your Technical guess when it seems that all clients with Formuler are having these issues on MOL2 but works fine with other apps on the Formuler.

Is there any logical explanation?

I am not writing this with irony or bad attitude.

If I use XC it works fine but via ID it just keeps loosing images.

• What would be your Technical guess when it seems that all clients with Formuler are having these issues on MOL2 but works fine with other apps on the Formuler.

Would all have the same issue then this would be definitive MOL2 Issue but it`s not and that is the point. Not even 0,05% have this issue no matter what postings and reports on other forums suggest.

Is there any logical explanation?

If I use XC it works fine but via ID it just keeps loosing images.

Maybe, if Provider updated something in Stalker protocol that produce such issue or change something significant in the security scripts, or routing etc.. Not to forget the ISP and the Provider use also ISP :winking_face: How ever, we are testing now one popular Provider sub and are in research to understand what happens on their side.

This is not so easy to find out like some people think.

• Nothing in your answer even dealt with the problem itself. Why do you not refer to a "status page", or have a page with solved problems that customers can reconcile.

And being arrogant towards customers who have major problems with your products is not productive, and does not make things better.

And yes, you really should change the way your ticket system works! Alternatively, make functional products.

If it is difficult, then at least make sure that there are staff who do not annoy the customers even more.

Understand your frustration, however many including myself are owners of Formuler devices who joined the forum for help / learn from other owners.

We try to help new members when we can.

The ticket system you dislike has nothing to do with us on the forum.

I replied to this from your post

My first post - became a member just for this.
    I have tried to find a solution by searching the forum threads. Have found a template for how to create a support ticket, but I can find nowhere to register a ticket

Tech support is in a different time zone and the system gathers initial info from you and provide possible solution to fix the issue.

If they need more details, the technician will get in touch.

Anyhow, I wish you well and hope your issues get fixed:smiling_face:

• But does this error happen to more than one IPTV-provider?

My provider works on other boxes that uses stalker portal.

Most providers are resellers and when the main server is down, it effects all resellers too.

Reading a post earlier,it looks more like a provider issue when server is down.

Many providers have multiple servers, meaning one connection works and another sees a black screen.

He tried a different app but same issue.

Contacted provider and was told the truth that a server has issues and was being fixed.

• Most providers are resellers and when the main server is down, it effects all resellers too.

Reading a post earlier,it looks more like a provider issue when server is down.

Many providers have multiple servers, meaning one connection works and another sees a black screen.

He tried a different app but same issue.

Contacted provider and was told the truth that a server has issues and was being fixed.

Only partly true.

Yes, providers have many servers that the channels are on. But if one of these has problems, ALL users connected to this server have problems.

Truth is, that the provider you guys talk about, have connected through TeamViewer to one of the customers who had the Black screen problem. They made a traceroute to 10 of the servers they use, guess what, 0 package loss.

• Hi

i have to join in as from the same area as most of the black screen users (sweden)Have same issue but mine started 1 week ago and I updated my Z8 yesterday in hope of resolving the issue. Unfortunately issue still persist. My provider says that everything looks fine and signal is 100% to my box, I use mytvonline.

• Hi

i have to join in as from the same area as most of the black screen users (sweden)Have same issue but mine started 1 week ago and I updated my Z8 yesterday in hope of resolving the issue. Unfortunately issue still persist. My provider says that everything looks fine and signal is 100% to my box, I use mytvonline.

Test service on computer or different app.

Try a trial from a different provider.

• First of all, there is no isp issue at all. The theory that sweden isp are blocking streams are ridiculous. I have got messages from users that has at least three different ISP in Sweden. They all can use .m3u in mol2 but not portal.

The issue is in MOL2 and my guess is some type of ”buffer overflow” or a cache problem.

I can use gse iptv on my iphone (in same network) with no problem when i got the black screen in mol2. When i got black screen streaming is still flow thru my router. I can clearly see the network activity when monitoring packages.

/tvman

• not sure how relevant this is, im in UK,

around Friday, using tivimate on nvidia sheild, with 2 different servers installed, vpn wouldnt help, both gave black screen.

just over day later . once server was back up, but one that 100% needs VPN is down still black screen. im making the assumption

the Tivimate isnt seeing VPN,

as the server that was down works 100% with smart iptv with vpn.

• You guys getting the black screen issue. When it happens next time, can you press the home button on the remote, and check your ip settings if it have changed? Do this BEFORE unplugging the box?

If nobody have changed anything, it should be at DHCP and not static. Have heard that boxes have changed to static by itself, causing the box to not connect to the portal.

• Found a solution for the random black screen.

Add the m3u and EPG link instead of using the portal that solved my problem. If i connect with the portal again the problem comes back.

You can also log in using Xtream codes, but something is wrong when Formuler boxes suddenly have these issues with stalker login.

Only Formuler boxes have the black screen problems. Not Tvip using the same IPTV-provider that I and many more uses

• I am experiencing the same issue. I have 6 Z8 boxes in multiple houses (Canada), since the recent updates, all my devices go black after 3 hours of inactivity. The only way to reset it is to disconnect from my provider, reconnect again and then it works. In some cases a full reboot of the box is needed. If I try to change channel after the black screen it does change, sometimes audio works but not picture.

I don't use a VPN network and I never had any issues prior to update. I've tried factory resetting 2 boxes and with the same issues occuring.

I reached out to my provider as playback limit was greyed out and set for 3 hours. They told me that they don't set any playback limit restrictions. I also have other weird glitches now to where I keep getting empty group when trying to edit the groups in Portal. It was never an issue prior to update as well.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

• Hi,

Stalker Portal and Playback limit with this protocol is always controlled by Provider. 3hours are set as standard in this protocol. Maybe some other boxes/ iptv apps ignore this setting, Formuler not but your Provider should know that this restriction exists.

XC Api Portal and M3u are not controlled through Provider and you can set by your self the Playback limit or turn off. In your case i would change all 6 subs from Stalker to XC Api to have full control and bypass the Playback Limit.

• I tried xc API and I got the same results with playback limit still being restricted. Deleted the portal cleared app cache/data and tried it again and unfortunately same result.

They also gave me a m3u link but it's not working so I am getting them to confirm it again.

If xc API is supposed to work without the restrictions is there a bigger issue since it was still restricted and set at 3 hours?

Edit: my provider sent me a shorter url for m3u and that works and wow what a difference. It is 5 times faster at loading and channel changing. I am trying to work on making it work with XC API for vod, epg, etc.. compatibility. The restriction on backup limit is also gone on m3u.

Edited once, last by Xfallen (December 22, 2020 at 4:31 AM).

• I tried xc API and I got the same results with playback limit still being restricted. Deleted the portal cleared app cache/data and tried it again and unfortunately same result.

They also gave me a m3u link but it's not working so I am getting them to confirm it again.

If xc API is supposed to work without the restrictions is there a bigger issue since it was still restricted and set at 3 hours?

Edit: my provider sent me a shorter url for m3u and that works and wow what a difference. It is 5 times faster at loading and channel changing. I am trying to work on making it work with XC API for vod, epg, etc.. compatibility. The restriction on backup limit is also gone on m3u.

I got XC API working and no black screens, group editing, vod all works. Playback limit is under my control now. Thanks for your help SAM.

• If you are using port. Go to connections and chose add portal.

Chose a new nickname.

Copy and paste your portal URL but remove /c/ at the end.

Check the box Login required.

Add username and password provided from your provider.

Connect.

This has worked for me the last 48 hours without black screen, if I try to use my old connection the black screen comes back.