Problems with audio

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Change from surround sound off to on and use on your AVR other Audio setting. This happens on my side if AVR is set to Multi Ch. Stereo.

• Check Amazon Prime settings, if surround sound activated on box, Atmos (if supported from Amazon Prime app) will be forwarded/passthrough to AVR receiver.

• Played the latest season of Jack Ryan on my NVidia Shield except the last episode witch i played on Z11Pro. All episodes played with Dolby Atmos on the shield, except the last episode on Z11Pro witch played only DD Digital and you can´t change audio in Amazon Prime settings. So it has to be some audioproblems between Z11Pro and the Amazon app.

• Was watching Police Interceptors on BBC (dolby surround audio) with no audio issues, then i played a previously recorded NHL game with Dolby Digital audio.

After the game i went back to BBC and police inspectors again, now there were issues with the audio (voices in all speakers). Had to restart the Z11Pro to fix the issue.

Can it be the HDMI handshake that is the problem??

• I still think it's a Formular problem.

I already wrote that the output has different levels, voices are very quiet, while background music or effects becomes excessively loud, and it doesn't matter if it's pass-through or not. I always have to change the volume and that just gets annoying in the long run

• The Formuler development team is hopefully coming with a fix regarding the audio problem, not fun to restart the box every time the audio output is changing from digital to analog. Maybe a new and improved audio kodec?

meny times rebot dosent help have to rebot a few times all other boxes work z7 z8 z8pro z10probut z11 needs little work

• Update on this issue yet? I am facing the same issue. :frowning_face:

Same problem here, I have intermittent problems with my Samsung soundbar & my 3 bluetooth speakers. Swapped out soundbars, bluetooth speakers & messed with audio settings. I have to unpair/disconnect and reconnect several times a day to temporarily correct the issues.

• Yesterday I noticed that no shows or movies played via kodi were playing via DD or DD+ or DTS etc.. on my 10pro max. I went into Kodi settings and noticed that No passthorough options are available on the Kodi Audio settings as there always was. I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled it and was relieved to see all was back to normal, both the passthrough options and the playback.

Today I go back to watch another movie and much my dismay the playback was on pcm for a DD+ movie and the passthrough options disappeared again. This is a formulae bug as all is fine on other android tv boxes. Is there a work around or a new patch to fix this bug?

• The whole movie playbck has been buggered on the z11 outside of mytv3 since launch ,i took the time sending formuler videos and its still not fixed,if auto,frame is enabled in kodi/mx player/ and every other player i tryed,every movie at 720/1080p is forced upscaled to 4k,.resulting in terrible picture quality,if i turn off afr then a 1080p movie plays correctly at 1080p,so i cant use formuler for anything else except mytv3,ive reported it 4 times and the issue can be reproduced by anyone ridiculous this is still a issue

I keep saying that's one of the biggest formuler z11 issues. But it could be worst...At leats they let you choose between 1080p23,976HZ(this one only available in developer mode) and 1080p24hz resolutions so every movie will play with correct fps given you know whats the FPS of the movie and change it before movie starts...

Let's hope they fix it so we can use it for more stuff than MOL3 and really it's not a small thing, given when i'm watching a movie sometimes i want to go see what's on some channel and knowing i have to switch boxes and remotes i kinda use z11 less than i should...

• The developer option dosent make a difference in my setup,even with the formuler set to 1080p in the settings and set to 1080p in kodi every 1080p movies is forced upscaled to 4k,a 4k.movie plays correctly at 23/24hrz ,its jst lower than 4k thats the problem,ive personally sent videos and ive recently seen other people posting about the same issue aswell

If you disable AFR in Kodi and set 1080p23HZ in developer mode movies will start with correct FPS, then if movie is 24fps set it to 1080p24HZ and if it's 25fps set to 1080p50HZ...What's the issue? You can do it while playing the movie. Set one of the extra remote buttons to bring resolution settings and just go there, it will change...

But you have to disable AFR inside Kodi and/or plex or whatever app you use that has AFR...

• Happy to say that this medioker mediaplayer is out of my life!! Bought a cheaper Strong *** and it works without a hitch. The only good with Z11Pro is the image quality is better and you have to crank up the volume a bit more. And i´m going back to NVidia Shield TV Pro, hopefully the network problems is resolved.

Next time i´m considering a Formuler mediaplayer i´m going to check the forums for problems and if they´r solved or not before purchase.

• This SOC is very young, it was the first to use the new gpu mali g57 which nobody knows yet the true potential. you'll probably going to buy another Z11 because in the future it will become better and better. For you to know this gpu is now being adopted by high end players like zidoo Z9xpro, so too many devs are going to start testing it and if you noticed the better image quality now can you imagine it when it's well developed. And audio chip is also much more capable.

Audio in PCM is crap for now, well if you go to developer settings and enable comfort mode things get better for PCM audio, but my provider gives me dolby on almost every FHD channel and my tv can decode dolby, so sound is very good on my end. VOD also, i get dolby digital plus from almost every movie or series, few have AAC, so again audio is top, image quality is almost as good as nvidia shield in detail, definitely better in color accuracy...

Things can only get better with this box, i use it with plex also and everything works good. AV1 works on youtube (the smart one) and i can get correct frame rate for every movie. What can we ask more? Maybe a discount? LOL

I only miss 2 things, the ability to lock resolution at 1080p/4k system-wide and studio mode so i can watch 4 channels at once...^^

• Hi

Just picking in here: is the sync. ok with Dolby 5.1 AAC? Here I still have an image glitch after a few seconds, and then the audio is 0,3 seconds out our sync. Seems only to happen with AAC. Al the others are ok. Mostly on vods and series, but also on the few live channels with AAC.

Formuler Z11 Pro Max - XC API Portal - Mol3 (standard and occasional TiviMate as backup in case of audiosync problems) - External HDD Toshiba 1 TB (usb 3.0)

• Hi

Just picking in here: is the sync. ok with Dolby 5.1 AAC? Here I still have an image glitch after a few seconds, and then the audio is 0,3 seconds out our sync. Seems only to happen with AAC. Al the others are ok. Mostly on vods and series, but also on the few live channels with AAC.

Dolby is one thing, AAC is another. Dolby Digital, also called AC3 is proprietary, AAC is "free". Even knowing some receivers can decode it by hardware it'll always fall to PCM on most android boxes and formuler z11 doesn't shine here...yet!! You can try to enable "allow game mode" to see if audio sync gets better and probably enable "auto frame rate" for vod as i found it helps sometimes...

• Hi, sorry, I meant that DD 5.1 is ok, but always have sync. problems with AAC 5.1. Tried earlier and just again to conform with the the game mode and they AFR, but problem stays.

Formuler Z11 Pro Max - XC API Portal - Mol3 (standard and occasional TiviMate as backup in case of audiosync problems) - External HDD Toshiba 1 TB (usb 3.0)

• Hey, maybe someone knows why the AAC codec works for me through the TV application and I have Dolby there, but the box doesn't play it there, it only plays this codec in stereo. Is it HDMI's fault? TV LGC8LLA connected to Denon Avc-x6700H and the box is Formuler z11 pro max, also connected to Denon, I tried to connect directly to the TV and it's the same, only stereo, other codecs from the box work ok, Dolby, etc. Only AAC only works in stereo😔

• Use Audio setting "surround on" to passthrough to AVR. Be sure Audioptimizer is also installed and executed once from Market.

• Hi

Yes! exactly this.
    Thanks for sharing. Its driving me near insain so i'm now set on finding out what causes this.
    You can have content with out of sync audio, if you pause the content, or search a bit on timeline and start streaming again, the content will be in sync for a few seconds. you can visually see a glitch or hick-up and then audio is fubar again.

i have hooked up the formuler z11 directly to TV with a brand new high speed hdmi cable and am using the TV speakers for testing purposes.
    It's still a disasters when playing AAC (mp4a) content.
    for reference this VOD/Serie test content has 23.95fps

ac3 is fine.
    with a framerate of 25 fps.

the AFR sometimes helps a bit depening on content.

What i know for a fact that works: is switch your audio surround in formuler from automatic (detect) to never use surround the AAC content will be spot on.
    But you lose surround ofcourse.
    Stereo only.

With the latest update its now a tile on the main screen next to lan/wifi connectivity icons.
    Disable surround. all audio spot on perfect in my current test cases.

videoplayer is mytvonline3

• hi

That's what I do also, but the problem itself hasn'd been fixed yet.

• Hi

Hi,

That's exactly the problem I also have with Mol3, only with VOD and Series and audio set to surround. After a few seconds a glitch and from then on the audio runs out of sync. I haven't noticed it on Live TV yet.

I now use the IPTV Smarters app for VOD and Series, no problems there.

Hope they fix it soon at Mol3.