A network error has occurred

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• After working perfectly for roughly 24 hours of use, out of nowhere the majority of channels stop working and display ‘a network error has occurred’. Some channels work so it is not a connection issue. It’s not a provider issue either as it’s fine on other devices. I use NordVPN and have tried disabling and changing server with no luck. It’s definitely something to do with Formuler. The only way I can get it working again is to factory reset and set it all up again. Even deleting and adding the playlist again doesn’t help. Could it be the provider blocking the device? And the factory reset corrects this until they block it again? That’s the only thing I can guess. Anyone have any ideas? I love the z11 and MOL3 is great but this is an obvious sticking point. I can’t factory reset every 4 hours!!!

Please help!!! I’ve searched to no luck.

Edited 2 times, last by Cannont5 (May 7, 2023 at 5:50 PM).

• After working perfectly for roughly 24 hours of use, out of nowhere the majority of channels stop working and display ‘a network error has occurred’. Some channels work so it is not a connection issue. It’s not a provider issue either as it’s fine on other devices. I use NordVPN and have tried disabling and changing server with no luck. It’s definitely something to do with Formuler. The only way I can get it working again is to factory reset and set it all up again. Even deleting and adding the playlist again doesn’t help. Could it be the provider blocking the device? And the factory reset corrects this until they block it again? That’s the only thing I can guess. Anyone have any ideas? I love the z11 and MOL3 is great but this is an obvious sticking point. I can’t factory reset every 4 hours!!!

Please help!!! I’ve searched to no luck.

I had the same error. Update didn't help.

I shut off. Stand by.

The next day after the automatic update it worked perfectly.

The error has not recurred.

Why did manual update not work?

• I had the same error. Update didn't help.

I shut off. Stand by.

The next day after the automatic update it worked perfectly.

The error has not recurred.

Why did manual update not work?

Thanks for replying. And then since then it’s been fine? Perhaps I’ll set the auto update for a time in the near future. Shut it down to standby and see if it works.

• For some more context. I have been adding a portal that I use through IPTVeditor. It last for 24 hours ish then fails. Then it is sporadic. This morning pretty much all channels working. Now very little again. I’ve factory reset (again!!!) for a clean start and have tried adding my 2 providers using their direct portal connections (not through IPTVEditor), working fine now but will likely fail in time.

I am using NordVPN. I have tried changing literally every setting I can. Applied a static ip, removed firewalls etc from my router, nothing I do works. And all the while Tivimate on multiple firesticks with the same provider (through IPTVEditor) works flawlessly.

• Official Post

Please set both for use with XC Api Portal (login) and do not factory reset each time your box, it`s not necessary. Disconnect the VPN and try to use some time without VPN. Report back.

Btw. The error 1010 is Cloudflare error jfyi. If under settings Private DNS activated (Box Network settings), turn off.

• Please set both for use with XC Api Portal (login) and do not factory reset each time your box, it`s not necessary. Disconnect the VPN and try to use some time without VPN. Report back.

Btw. The error 1010 is Cloudflare error jfyi. If under settings Private DNS activated (Box Network settings), turn off.

The 1010 error was my bad, I incorrectly put something in when messing. It can connect now through portal. All is fine currently, hopefully it will last. If not I will try without VPN but I have had no issues using this VPN and provider setup for the past 12 months. Only thing that’s changed is the z11.

Thanks for your help.

• Official Post

I have been adding a portal that I use through IPTVeditor

Did you ask IPTVeditor why it isn't working?

It last for 24 hours ish then fails

What is the exact error message shown on the screen?

Share a photo of the error message.

There are too many variables in your setup. Try to remove all the variables and do a clean test:

• Return your Network settings back to DHCP
    • Disable IPv6 in Android Settings
    • Turn OFF the VPN and leave it off.
    • If you were using WiFi before, turn off WiFi in Android settings and temporarily use Ethernet.
    • Don't use IPTVEditor. Connect directly to the portal in question.

Re-test using the environment above and post your results.

• Did you ask IPTVeditor why it isn't working?

What is the exact error message shown on the screen?

Share a photo of the error message.

There are too many variables in your setup. Try to remove all the variables and do a clean test:

• Return your Network settings back to DHCP
    • Disable IPv6 in Android Settings
    • Turn OFF the VPN and leave it off.
    • If you were using WiFi before, turn off WiFi in Android settings and temporarily use Ethernet.
    • Don't use IPTVEditor. Connect directly to the portal in question.

Re-test using the environment above and post your results.

Thank you for your response. I haven’t asked IPTVEditor no, good shout, I will do that.

The error message says ‘network error’ and something else. If/when it happens again I’ll get a screenshot.

Most of the variables I’ve introduced are because it was failing. Last night, I have put it back to DHCP and have connected directly to the providers rather that through IPTVEditor. I am using Ethernet, I started on wifi and it failed so changed to Ethernet, it has failed since then also.

If it fails again I will disable ipv6 and VPN and go from there!

• Network error happens to me too from time to time, if i go manually refresh portal while in the channel with the given error the channel starts to stream normally. It's solved, then you must wait 5-10min and update content from the menu because if you do right away it will probably give 401 error...

Not sure it it helps but when i get network error i still have EPG, if i go right and select some stuff from 3 days ago it still works, so it's not provider related. It happens on both XC and MAC.

I'm sure this is VPN related allied with MOL3 inability to quickly adapt when provider or some channel links are being attacked or change codecs which happens several times in a day...

I already asked on features for MOL3 to have a way to always select the best possible stream instead of choosing it automatically for us...

HLS is amazing but when providers change codecs and streams too many times a day chances are we are going to have a lot of this network errors if the iptv player can't recover that quickly and change to the best stream every time. That's why we always need to go refresh portal because MOL3 still decoding the old stream...

• Network error happens to me too from time to time, if i go manually refresh portal while in the channel with the given error the channel starts to stream normally. It's solved, then you must wait 5-10min and update content from the menu because if you do right away it will probably give 401 error...

Not sure it it helps but when i get network error i still have EPG, if i go right and select some stuff from 3 days ago it still works, so it's not provider related. It happens on both XC and MAC.

I'm sure this is VPN related allied with MOL3 inability to quickly adapt when provider or some channel links are being attacked or change codecs which happens several times in a day...

I already asked on features for MOL3 to have a way to always select the best possible stream instead of choosing it automatically for us...

HLS is amazing but when providers change codecs and streams too many times a day chances are we are going to have a lot of this network errors if the iptv player can't recover that quickly and change to the best stream every time. That's why we always need to go refresh portal because MOL3 still decoding the old stream...

Thank you for replying. My manual refresh doesn’t seem to do anything either I don’t think but then it’s happened so many times and I’ve tried so many different things, my mind is a little blurred now! If it happens again, I’ll try your method.

I do hope they can get this sorted as everything else is fantastic. Like I said, it’s fine on my other devices, same network, same VPN etc, only the device is different.

• Photo without private photos would be awesome...for your own safety LOL

But yes, that's the error, solved for me by refreshing it manually...still after a while it returns!!! Probably your/my provider are being attacked, this blackouts are usually network attacks. Tivimate and other apps are much more optimized and probably have some instructions embedded in their code which detects this activity as attacks and reconnects quickly, usually those small black screens for less than a second we all get and sometimes only small jitter. Attenttion, i'm saying network attacks, but it can be unstable internet connection, interference, wtv...

• Photo without private photos would be awesome...for your own safety LOL

But yes, that's the error, solved for me by refreshing it manually...still after a while it returns!!! Probably your/my provider are being attacked, this blackouts are usually network attacks. Tivimate and other apps are much more optimized and probably have some instructions embedded in their code which detects this activity as attacks and reconnects quickly, usually those small black screens for less than a second we all get and sometimes only small jitter. Attenttion, i'm saying network attacks, but it can be unstable internet connection, interference, wtv...

Refreshing does nothing for me unfortunately.

• Tivimate is fine. It’s just MOL3.

So why sell formuler? LOL it's not like formuler devs are not aware of this network errors and will probably solve this sooner than later. Remember that this errors might solve themselves without doing anything as soon as the european football season ends... Then we will see if it was attacks or other stuff. Wait a few weeks... Use tivimate on formuler, it works and PQ is very good tbh...

• Seen there’s a new BETA. Made no difference unfortunately. Tivimate it is then and selling the Formuler.

1. before giving up on the box, consider waiting for the final release of the update

beta usually have more bugs compared to the final release.

2. switching the dns from auto to off can sometimes fix network errors depending on the cloudflare condition

3. certain time of the year the iptv provider can become overloaded due to special event and this can cause network error.

• 1. before giving up on the box, consider waiting for the final release of the update

beta usually have more bugs compared to the final release.

2. switching the dns from auto to off can sometimes fix network errors depending on the cloudflare condition

3. certain time of the year the iptv provider can become overloaded due to special event and this can cause network error.

I'm sorry for asking, but the dns setting is important when you have a vpn? Because vpn provider has their own dns servers, so that setting is pointless or am i mistaken?

• So why sell formuler? LOL it's not like formuler devs are not aware of this network errors and will probably solve this sooner than later. Remember that this errors might solve themselves without doing anything as soon as the european football season ends... Then we will see if it was attacks or other stuff. Wait a few weeks... Use tivimate on formuler, it works and PQ is very good tbh...

To be fair, I’m just a little frustrated. I know IPTV is never 100% reliable but you don’t expect to spend significantly more money than a firestick on a product for it to do a lesser job. I will likely keep the z11 until the main update comes out and go from there. Otherwise I’d rather just keep using the firestick 4k Max and get some cash back.

• I have been following this threaad as my Z11 Pro Max just 'stopped working' after a problem free installation in February. the box juist would not allow me to use the apps' After swapping out the network cable, attempting to use wifi, the box was just not having any of it. Looked in Network Settings, the wifi was dropping out after less than a minute, I could not get connected to my router through wifi or ethernet cable. It stated it was connected but no apps were running properly, either no video or no audio or both, so frustrating. Anyhow, I used the restart button, (not the whole system) and now the box is back as it was, working to perfection. Thanks to all who gave me ideas by contributing to this thread. :smiling_face:

Expect the Unexpected

• After just giving up on MOL3 for now and using Tivimate, I have been keeping an eye occasionally on MOL3 to see if it’s working and it seems to have a pattern. It appears to work most/all day and then just instantly switches off around 6pm UK and then back on around 10pm. It’s probably just total coincidence and has no relevance but I thought I would mention it. Admin, are devs aware of issues around ‘ A Network Error has Occured’? As I’d love for this to get sorted. For now I’ll just wait it out with TM.

• Further info for Devs. Please pass on admin. SAM

Currently have the connection issue on MOL3 connected via NordVPN. Switch to Tivimate on the Formuler, same NordVPN, it works. Whatever I try with Nord, change location, protocol, obfuscated, etc, etc, makes no difference. It works with TiviMate but not MOL3.

So you’d assume it’s MOL3. However, if I connect to ExpressVPN, it works in both MOL3 and TiviMate. So it’s something to do with both MOL3 and Nord?

The problem I have is my provider says I shouldn’t use ExpressVPN as it sends them multiple messages or something and get’s automatically blocked. But NORD throws this error.

Not sure exactly where to go with this next.

• Official Post

Ok, now we know the VPN is the issue, because with Express and Surfshark VPN it works fine, right?

I have never issues with Nord VPN, so please try this way.

1. Go to Nord VPN homepage and download latest apk. Delete old Nord VPN app on the box and sideload the new downloaded apk over USB Stick. Insert your VPN Data and chose as protocol in Nord VPN Nordlynx ( you can later, if you see any issues change also to OpenVPN(UDP) or OpenVPN (TCP) protocol to see if it works better.

Chose some server and activate VPN Nord.

2. Next, close the Tivimate process in background (the Tivimate connection with provider should be not active otherwise you are trying to use two connections at same time!), before you start MOL3.

Double tap on home menu button and close all other apps in background except Nord VPN.

3. Start MOL3 and check again.

• Official Post

Then install requested audio optimizer and if you have so much issues do factory reset like stated in first post.

Btw. discussion about Beta only in Beta thread..

• Unfortunately we’re back to square one SAM .

All has been fine since Saturday until last night when I sat down to watch the football. It happened again, this time when using surfshark. I changed to Nord but it didn’t change.

The only other pattern I can see now is it seems to happen when premier league football is about to be broadcast. Could it be something to do with my ISP? That still wouldn’t explain how I can get it to work on Tivimate though.

• Ok, I think (hope) I’m making progress with this. I found this thread: RE: Z11 Pro Max Portal connection issue with NordVPN

And think it’s a similar issue, something to do with ISP blocking and MOL3 not working correctly with split tunnelling, it seems to disable the VPN for MOL3. It would make sense why surfshark worked for a while as I set it up during premier league broadcasts and hadn’t yet sorted split tunnelling. Then I set up split tunnelling and last night it came up with the error again. Also, when I tried ExpressVPN that’s worked too, which makes sense as no split tunnelling had yet been set up.

It all adds up so I’m praying this is actually it. I have now gone back to NORD and I am not currently using any sort of split tunnelling. I will see how it fairs tomorrow when football is on.

This needs to be passed on to Devs though as it’s a clear issue for the z11 and many won’t be aware of it.