Switching IPTV providers

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have 2 IPTV providers and added both bit cannot see how to switch between them. They are both there in the Content Manager area but cannot see how I move from one to the other. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Just simple, they are both connected (always) but full active only this one you watching Channel at current time + shown in the Category/Channel list. Change from Provider A to B is instantly. The Live TV OSD shows also the name (you inserted at creation) from used sub.

Channel list-> first category-> test some channel (Is Provider A)

Channel list-> last category-> test some channel (Is Provider B)

In the List are all category`s shown from all active subs. but not with which category Provider B/C/D starts, this have you to found out.

• Just simple, they are both connected (always) but full active only this one you watching Channel at current time + shown in the Category/Channel list. Change from Provider A to B is instantly. The Live TV OSD shows also the name (you inserted at creation) from used sub.

In the List are all category`s shown from all active subs. but not with which category Provider B/C/D starts, this have you to found out.

Just received my Z11 and noticed that the categories from both services are shown as one long list.

Is there not a way in Mol 3 to have the provider detailed at the top and for that provider to be collapsible / expandable?

Without this there's no way of knowing which service is which as most categories have the same headers from most suppliers.

This looks to be a step in the right direction, but looks unfinished

• Just received my Z11 and noticed that the categories from both services are shown as one long list.

Is there not a way in Mol 3 to have the provider detailed at the top and for that provider to be collapsible / expandable?

Without this there's no way of knowing which service is which as most categories have the same headers from most suppliers.

Just simple, they are both connected (always) but full active only this one you watching Channel at current time + shown in the Category/Channel list. Change from Provider A to B is instantly. The Live TV OSD shows also the name (you inserted at creation) from used sub.

I echo Minimeben, I loaded many providers and there is no collaspe or minimise, no placeholder for each supplier, if you go in VOD or TV series it's also the same.

• Just received my Z11 and noticed that the categories from both services are shown as one long list.

I loaded many providers and there is no collaspe or minimise, no placeholder for each supplier, if you go in VOD or TV series it's also the same.

I see your point, understand your request and like it too, just forwarded this requests to the devs. :winking_face:

Please note it is first public fw and sw, there will follow so much with good improvements and adds in future.

It would be nice to have the same for *Favorites*

Do you have an update on this please.

I really don't want to return this box, but the multi sub option as one huge list is just impossible to work with.

Can you advise on when this will be fixed?

• Do you have an update on this please.

I really don't want to return this box, but the multi sub option as one huge list is just impossible to work with.

Can you advise on when this will be fixed?

I requested collapsable providers / placeholder so we can see what provider is what when scrolling channel list, but it was rejected.

Hopefully in the future updates they do implement something like this.

Edited 3 times, last by danny121pt (November 19, 2022 at 6:43 PM).

• Hopefully in the future they do implement something like this, but based on responses so far, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Why so pessimistic? It was requested and still in discussion, maybe not collapsible but with some other solution in future. Formuler do not want to copy others, they want to implement new way of watching and in this game should "universal search" (reaching all active subs. at once, no matter if vod, series or tv channels in one window and without using channel list is one way) get bigger roll. I know it is always hard to accept big changes, espc. if you like the old one but also new stuff and the logic behind are not always bad and should get a chance.

• Why so pessimistic? It was requested and still in discussion, maybe not collapsible but with some other solution in future. Formuler do not want to copy others, they want to implement new way of watching and in this game should "universal search" (reaching all active subs. at once, no matter if vod, series or tv channels in one window and without using channel list is one way) get bigger roll. I know it is always hard to accept big changes, espc. if you like the old one but also new stuff and the logic behind are not always bad and should get a chance.

I am not being pessimistic, I was merely relaying what I was told regarding collapsible providers in a chat and via discord.

I mean I was actually pro active showing comparison videos in previous tester chats to try and show functionality improvements that I felt would help, pushed for this feature but it was rejected so was just relaying that. Once told it wont happen I left pushing for a change.

They they all know it has zero relevance for myself as individual, it can easily be navigated and I use it daily, that request was purely based on what I felt was an oversight when released.

Hence the "hint" sheet I collated here in nothing but positivity.

Formuler z11 Hints / Quick menus

• All fine danny and full understandable, but... we should also give Formuler enough time to consider all reported in this last 3 weeks, it is very much! I can see and read it each day.

Bugs have currently prio1 (they always did), then the devs. can consider the requests and i think this should be also understandable. Some options, future adds, fixes and code changes must match with each other and point to the final picture from the devs, of course also with some included requests (not everything go hand in hand or can be included). Let us await next few updates and see how the changes look like. This is nothing that can be done in few weeks and some impatient will return their boxes, but this was always the case with each Generation.

About postings or answers in chats, be sure this are not always final words because the devs. can change their mind, it must only match with the final picture.

• All fine danny and full understandable, but... we should also give Formuler enough time to consider all reported in this last 3 weeks, it is very much! I can see and read it each day.

Bugs have currently prio1 (they always did), then the devs. can consider the requests and i think this should be also understandable. Some options, future adds, fixes and code changes must match with each other and point to the final picture from the devs, of course also with some included requests (not everything go hand in hand or can be included). Let us await next few updates and see how the changes look like. This is nothing that can be done in few weeks and some impatient will return their boxes, but this was always the case with each Generation.

About postings or answers in chats, be sure this are not always final words because the devs. can change their mind, it must only match with the final picture.

I agree, 100% with this.

• I have had a few days with the long lists of channel groups and have a suggestion that the DEV could consider....While not knowing the methods they are using to display the channel group lists, I'm wondering if it could be possible to insert a header with the list name. Then at least you know where you are in the list.

• Suggestions have been raised on this of which I believe devs are looking into.

Just have to be a little patient.

Consider that most bouquets in your lists you will not use so if you go to content manager within MTOL3 - you can hide bouquets you don’t want to see. This will help condense your list somewhat for the moment

• Suggestions have been raised on this of which I believe devs are looking into.

Just have to be a little patient.

Consider that most bouquets in your lists you will not use so if you go to content manager within MTOL3 - you can hide bouquets you don’t want to see. This will help condense your list somewhat for the moment

Thank you, I see what you mean and appreciate your suggestion, which will help somewhat until Devs improve the issue. I do however have one specific problem. I have a VOD subscription which opens with Live Tv section which is a Live Fireplace. However I can't find anyway to go from there into the actual VOD/TV Series lists.

• it would be great if we could implement manual provider connection where it can be disconnected manually as some providers allow only 1 connection and if one has several Formuler boxes in the house I want to be sure one is disconnected before I actively connect another box in a different location.

• it would be great if we could implement manual provider connection where it can be disconnected manually as some providers allow only 1 connection and if one has several Formuler boxes in the house I want to be sure one is disconnected before I actively connect another box in a different location.

The request was forwarded to the developers

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.