Is the Z7+ worth the pain

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

I'm just about to either take the plunge with the Z+ or the Z7+, I see a lot of pain from you guys on the Z7+. For what I want it for (watching Tv and the wife being able to use it) should I just go for the Z+?

Apparently the Z+ runs a treat, although its running 4.4 I would only want to put Terrarium and use YouTube on it

Oh and as I'm UK based I may need to use a VPN at some point.

Thanks guys

• Hi

I own a Z7+ and am happy with it. I use it as a multimedia hub for local and internet streaming. There will always be some bugs in any firmware/os/app(s) but there are regular updates. It's down to personal choice and only you can decide that.

Personally android 4.4 i consider too old now and would not use it myself, the 1GB ram is rather low to for my liking, HDMI 1.4 personally i would not want anything less than HDMI 2.0 now specially if you want 4K 10bit. but again my needs are different to yours.

I have not owned a Z+ so cannot comment on it, i'm sure it would be suitable for your needs but even if i was only using for same reason as you i would still choose the Z7+ over the Z+. I do like to future proof for at least a few years to hence i would choose Z7+ over Z+

Hope this helps.

• Get the Z7+.
    You will have the updated android, very easy to use and so far, I know anytime there has been an update it was easy to download.
    My hubby and I just cut the cord 2 months ago and we have found it very easy to use.

• What speeds you getting from your box me I can not get above 95mbps

The box is limited to 100mb/s as that's all the ethernet port is rated for. Do you have a need for more than that? There is an adapter that can be purchased to get up to gigabit speeds but I have yet to understand the need for it.

• If you want to just watch tv, then yes it works perfectly fine.

Recording is a different story and it's lacking functionality in this area.

• I've had mine for a while now and, whilst it's a good box, I have found there to be lots of issues when trying to get things like Amazon Prime Video or Netflix to function properly, so much so that I question what purpose having the android functionality is. MYTV Online works perfectly, so if I were to go back now, I'd probably buy a Formuler Z Nano and a Fire Stick to give me the functionality I want from everything.

• No. mine now isnt turning on. when you hit the power on remote, nothing happens. changed batteries on remote...still nothing.

Change the power option from Standby to Power Off in Settings. Worked for me.

• The box is limited to 100mb/s as that's all the ethernet port is rated for. Do you have a need for more than that? There is an adapter that can be purchased to get up to gigabit speeds but I have yet to understand the need for it.

Because I use vpn on a 100mb/s box i get 24mb/s but with a giga bite I can get 65-85mb/s on vpn

• Hi

I’ve just installed my new z7+ box and it’s looks good but I’m having a problem with the picture and and sound being slightly out of sync on all channels from my IPTV service

I’ve tried it on Wi-fi and Ethernet cable and it’s the same , I have speeds of 65-72

Please could you advise on what I need to do

Many thanks

• My experience is that the Z7+ is still a bit buggy. I would wait for Formuler to release a stable box with Android TV OS instead of Android phone OS.

My experience is that all new product aren't stable at first... so you will get a buggy box whatever they launch next lol

• Hi

I’ve just installed my new z7+ box and it’s looks good but I’m having a problem with the picture and and sound being slightly out of sync on all channels from my IPTV service

I’ve tried it on Wi-fi and Ethernet cable and it’s the same , I have speeds of 65-72

Please could you advise on what I need to do

Many thanks

what’s your setup? ie how is everything wired together (TV, receiver, formuler box, type of cables, etc).

• My experience is that the Z7+ is still a bit buggy. I would wait for Formuler to release a stable box with Android TV OS instead of Android phone OS.

I think there’s a reason this is unlikely to happen. There’s what, ~2 boxes out there that run android TV OS ? Shield and MiBox? There’s gotta be a reason all these ‘android boxes’ run the phone OS, and I’m sure it’s a good one (I just don’t know what it is!)