Will upgrade to android 8?

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Personal I need your information or knowledge ... I saw advertised on several websites for sale that this box has Android 8 ... I bought it and what is my astonishment I will look at the settings and see Android 8 ... on the website of the united kingdom speaks in android 8 but in the specs speaks android 7 ... there is a big lie here. anyone know if it will upgrade to Android 8?

• on the website of the united kingdom speaks in android 8 but in the specs speaks android 7

Mistake in text, it`s Android 7. Address, so we can contact him to change this?

Please note, you don`t have any benefit with Android 8 on this IPTV Box compared to Android 7.

• https://www.formuler.co.uk/

If you notice that link is described as Android 8. But my question is if someday will update to Android 8 ?! Well if so the only difference that exists between this box and z7 + is the Ethernet port .. another question I have is if they ever get certification from Google because of Netflix in order to operate Netflix TV and in FHD / 4K ...

• It wont get Google Lv1. But Netflix has started it own certification program called the hailstorm program. With that it will soon get a certification for Netflix. But you still won't get to watch Amazon video in HD.

• Andreax_Team

1. Contacted distributor about the wrong description in picture, mistakes can happen. All other descriptions on his site are ok and the specs in Z8 folder are also ok and true. To say it`s big lie is not fair, you as customer should read all specs before buy some product.

2. Compared to Z7+ have z8 exclusive Mytvonline 2, Ethernet GB Port and fast 5G Wifi.

3. Android 8 was planed at beginning, but developers found many issues on Android 8 and launched the box with Android 7. If this will come or not i can`t tell you now because i don`t know.

• Personal I need your information or knowledge ... I saw advertised on several websites for sale that this box has Android 8 ... I bought it and what is my astonishment I will look at the settings and see Android 8 ... on the website of the united kingdom speaks in android 8 but in the specs speaks android 7 ... there is a big lie here. anyone know if it will upgrade to Android 8?

I emailed formuler a couple of weeks ago they said they will update to 8 but they don't know when

• I emailed formuler a couple of weeks ago they said they will update to 8 but they don't know when

that's great news. will there also be news regarding Netflix HD? because it is the only thing that fails to consider this perfect box ...

• I emailed formuler a couple of weeks ago they said they will update to 8 but they don't know when

There is no plan to update to Android 8

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• These boxes run heavily customized and well developed firmware so what advantage would using android 8 have over 7 for an iptv box such as the z8? The OS is nothing but an interface to the software you want to use, like MOL2. If it runs smoothly and runs the intended software properly, who cares if it's android 2.

• These boxes run heavily customized and well developed firmware so what advantage would using android 8 have over 7 for an iptv box such as the z8? The OS is nothing but an interface to the software you want to use, like MOL2. If it runs smoothly and runs the intended software properly, who cares if it's android 2.

Due to new features that every new hardware brings. Who says features, also says features. Not forgetting that each application is evolving and no longer supports previous versions. remembering that the form is not only MOL2 .... who buy these boxs of course buying because of iptv but also everything else that comes in it. remembering that it is a multimedia box (the brand itself does this advertising).

• Due to new features that every new hardware brings. Who says features, also says features. Not forgetting that each application is evolving and no longer supports previous versions. remembering that the form is not only MOL2 .... who buy these boxs of course buying because of iptv but also everything else that comes in it. remembering that it is a multimedia box (the brand itself does this advertising).

Which apps run on Android 8, but don't run on Android 7?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Android version has very little impact on these boxes tbh. What actually matters is that the software is well coded and receives regular updates.

I went through a load of Android 8 boxes looking for something that wasn’t a piece of crap. Specs looked good on paper, but crappy software and little-to-no updates meant a sub-par product. Best you could often hope for was an XDA ROM.

The Z8 might ‘only’ be Android 7, but it’s a well-tuned and regularly updated Android 7, with support most other boxes can only dream of.

So yeah go and grab the latest and greatest Chineseium Android box. You’ll regret it.