Features Request Z11 and MOL3 (No discussions or questions, only request thread)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I played on a box which has also opensubtitles option, but there you can search by tmdb (tmdb number automatically recognized) much easier and convenient instead of editing title from provider which mostly contains year and language and other stuff thwt you have to delete first in order to get results.

Please add this in mol3 too!

• I would like to be able to create folders in vod so i can save movies in different categories.

For example: all my favorite movies in one folder that my husband dont want to see and another one for my husbands movies.

Now everything we save ends up in just one folder. Favorite folder.

• More customization options

In MOL3 it would be great to have options to set what different buttons on the remote do, for example the guide that loads when pushing "Ok" I would like to set it to the left direction button instead.

Also more customization to the home launcher, ideally more categories for apps, the ability to hide without having to use the "locker" option and changing the overall UI size.

• Is it possible to replace the information,that comes up in the upper right quadrant,when pressing the info button on the remote,to a more suitable place because the info like time,connection and bars are in most channels covered by the channel logo,and therefore difficult to read?

• In a future update it would be helpfull if the web address for online subtitles can be filled in by the user, I believe now its fixed to opensubtitle.org. Opensubtitle.org ended their api but the one at opensubtitle.com can be used, unless the address cab be entered to login. Even so, one could have a private subtitle database to use, if that web address can be entered.

Under \settings\player options\online subtitles\signup\

• Before previous update you could see all new content and watch all new content even if you disabled some groups.

Also searching in all groups even disabled groups was possible but since the update its not possible anymore. When you search for a movie it wont show up anymore only if you enable the group. Can this feature be added back? So when you search content you can find it even if the group is disabled like it was possible before?

• Please add option to set the number of days of EPG data to keep when using XC API connection. MOL3 appears to only keep 7 days. On our servers we keep 14 days of EPG data for Catch-Up purposes, and on MOL2 we see all 14 days and can use all 14 days of Catch-Up. On MOL3 we only see 7 days of EPG, and therefore the prior 7 days of Catch-Up are inaccessible and useless.

Edited once, last by ItsOverJonny (February 4, 2024 at 8:06 PM).

• A Feature I think would make sense, There is a update EPG / clear and update/. Why not just make it apply automatically when complete. The Refresh Schedule basically the same, why have a refresh schedule if it does not refresh automatically.

It knows when it is complete.

Have it apply automatically and not have to go into settings and manually select it.

• Sure would be nice to be able to back 1 box and restore to your other boxes would eliminate the hassle of setting up all your connections , favorites ,etc

Funny your $200 boxes can not do this yet the $40 Tivimate app can do this with ease... Come on Formula you want to be the best then prove it... be innovative make things easier so everyone will want to buy your product.

The Formuler Z10 & Z11 boxes are great, but I agree that they could be a bit more 'user friendly'.

If a full 'Back-up and Restore' function from one box to another as @$$Ragu$$ suggests is impractical, at least having something as simple as having a selection for 'Export Favorites' and 'Import Favorites' selections in MOL3 Content Manager > Manage Favorites (would be a real 'time saver' for users. This function should include "VOD" Favourites as well as "Live TV" Favourites.

I know; it is not 'simple' to do this from a developer perspective.

Such an import/export function could be utilized for failures that require the user to rebuild their portal due to a flaw in the software/firmware/portal data, (where you do not want to use the 'Restore' function which might re-introduce the flaw). This would be especially useful when you need to 'Clear MOL3 App Data' or do a 'Factory Reset' or in the dreaded case of a fatal flaw where the MOL3 App must be deleted and downloaded again from the Marketplace App.

Ideally, the function could also be utilized to transfer 'Favorites' data from one box to another (of at least the same Series of Formuler boxes) for when a user purchases a new Formuler box for another TV. Even in the course of everyday use, if you had four Z11 Pro / Z11Pro Max boxes you could manage any 'Favourites' (additions or deletions) on one box and sync the other three boxes (within minutes).

Imagine the collective hours that could be saved manually rebuilding the user's 'Favorites' in the new box.

Edited once, last by Cottageboy (February 11, 2024 at 7:01 PM).

• Please note: This is only request thread, posting his request for feature options/changes, new implementation or settings.

Discussions, questions, answers or hijacking for something else, is not allowed in this thread and will be instantly deleted.

There is no guarantee that any of these will ever be implemented. It is entirely up to the developer to decide whether it is possible to program this or not.

Please make your requests wisely and technically possible on an Android box.

Requests or reports about current Bugs belongs in update threads and not here.

With posting your request in this thread, you agree like here stated.

• It would be nice to have a feature that allows to switch channels immediately when you move with the arrows, on the "OK" screen while watching channels.

Instead of requiring a press of the OK button to actually bring up the channel every time.

It would make browsing channels nicer, on the "OK" screen. (I understand the behavior I am looking for is available when in full screen, but I like to see the text when i'm browsing, so I prefer using the "OK" screen instead of full screen... Hope what i'm saying makes sense.

• Please reduce the minimum 'Reminder' time to two minutes (or even better to 1.5 minutes if that is possible) from the current minimum of three minutes. I could be wrong, but I think that the new minimum 'Reminder' time of 1.5 minutes should still allow new channel stream to stabilize correctly (and still allow the 'one minute recording reminder' to function correctly). Currently, some program content is lost at the end of the first recording if two recordings (with reminders) are adjacent to each other (on different channels).

Also (related), please fix the 'Cancel Reminder' function. On my Z11 boxes, if I decide that I want to cancel a reminder and continue to watch the current 'live TV' or 'VOD' programming, I can't. If I select 'Cancel Reminder', the boxes will still kick me out of the program that I'm currently watching ('live TV' or 'VOD') and switch over to the channel that the 'Reminder' was originally created for.

• Why would a full 'Back-up and Restore' function from one box to another be "impractical"??

On the contrary, I think it would be a MUST have !! I agree with @$$Ragu$$ , it would save hassle and time for resellers or geeks who have several boxes of the same serie, or have a defect box to replace by the same model !

• I have no idea if a full 'Back-up and Restore' function from one box to another is "practical" or "impractical" and I didn't say that it wasn't a good idea - especially for the examples that you give.

Cedel & Cottageboy,please no discussions in this thread,its only about feature requests and possible implementations by devs!

So no discussions,please?

• More options for aspect ratios are needed.

Sometimes, video can be wrongly encoded where the black bars (either vertical or horizontal ones) have been removed(!), resulting in the video being stretched out & unwatchable.

Please introduce the option to manually vary the AR so we can account for this.

• 1. Switch off timer - 300 minutes. (To substitute for the eco settings on tv with HDMI CEC.)

2. Screensaver shouldnt activate when playing music/spotify. (using this as a workaround for switch off timer atm. As turn screen off)

3. Google Home compatibility (turn off philips hue when movie starts and on when movie ends)...

4. Settings for record... start before the program and at end of program due to EPG margins...

:winking_face_with_tongue: :person_biking: :mage: :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes:

• Possible to add a fonction to backup favorite list,instead of saving in MOL3 apps?

- Save on USB key.

- Can load my favorite to a other Z11 Pro Max.

- Add a option to move and choose (CHECK and UNCHECK) MORES than one Channels when i built in my favorite list.

- Add SPEED when i move channels in the list.

- Add a save or clone fonction like a Z8 menu, and we can use it to send same info in a Z11.

- Add option like Tivimate...we can choose video flux speed for non working channel like Cine Prime setting: 1.5Kbs,3.5Kbs ect...

Stay Tune,Return after the EPG LOAD! :frowning_face:

Z8,Z11 Pro Max(For Sale),Vontar X4,MeCool KM2 PLUS

Edited once, last by Bugspro (March 21, 2024 at 12:15 AM).

• Please stop asking if a channel wants to switch to VOD during live streams. Why? Because when channels go offline many providers switch to a "Channel Offline, Be Right Back" animated screen with music. Then 2 mins later the channel is back online, but the Formuler is stuck waiting for the user to press OK on the prompt in order to resume live tv.

I beg you , stop this behaviour