Official FW 1.4.65 - SW 7.8.5 for Z8/ZAlpha (21.05.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

I know many of you will not like my recommend, but factory reset and fresh install can solve many of your issues.

• SAM, I’ve already tried that… I’m sorry, but I think the one thing that happened here is that the software left the beta stage too early. I suppose I can consider myself lucky, seeing as other people have streaming issues (no sound, freezes, etc.). In my case, I can stream just fine. Any channel that does have streaming issues, has those on other devices as well, so, for me at least, these issues are beside what happened to the software during the last update. However, the EPG problem really needs investigation. 175n may well be describing the correct behaviour for the EPG loading routine, but, for me and my neighbour (we’re both on XCodes portals) none of it is occurring in the way it’s supposed to. We both don’t even get the animated icon he’s describing, or any other indication of EPG data being loaded in the background in MOL2, whereas in the last version, things worked just fine. the “EPG Loading” notification may have been a little obnoxious to some, but I definitely preferred it that way. Even if it was there for the best part of 5 minutes when on an XCodes portal, whereas for Stalker it took about 35 seconds. This time around, Stalker portals do show the expected new behaviour and data is being downloaded properly, whereas for XCodes, no such luck. And that’s a real shame, because Stalker is limited to using one line on one connection, which makes accessing any of the new features impossible. In fact, many of the new features only work using XCodes portals.

My advice for the next big release is to definitely test more thoroughly, and take specific care to have people test using XCodes portals, as they seem to be left out in the cold for now. I do hope the cause for the issue regarding the EPG is found sooner though. Particularly because you need the EPG to set a timer for recording…

• SAM, I’ve already tried that… I’m sorry, but I think the one thing that happened here is that the software left the beta stage too early. I suppose I can consider myself lucky, seeing as other people have streaming issues (no sound, freezes, etc.). In my case, I can stream just fine. Any channel that does have streaming issues, has those on other devices as well, so, for me at least, these issues are beside what happened to the software during the last update. However, the EPG problem really needs investigation. 175n may well be describing the correct behaviour for the EPG loading routine, but, for me and my neighbour (we’re both on XCodes portals) none of it is occurring in the way it’s supposed to. We both don’t even get the animated icon he’s describing, or any other indication of EPG data being loaded in the background in MOL2, whereas in the last version, things worked just fine. the “EPG Loading” notification may have been a little obnoxious to some, but I definitely preferred it that way. Even if it was there for the best part of 5 minutes when on an XCodes portal, whereas for Stalker it took about 35 seconds. This time around, Stalker portals do show the expected new behaviour and data is being downloaded properly, whereas for XCodes, no such luck. And that’s a real shame, because Stalker is limited to using one line on one connection, which makes accessing any of the new features impossible. In fact, many of the new features only work using XCodes portals.

My advice for the next big release is to definitely test more thoroughly, and take specific care to have people test using XCodes portals, as they seem to be left out in the cold for now. I do hope the cause for the issue regarding the EPG is found sooner though. Particularly because you need the EPG to set a timer for recording…

Mine works just fine on XCodes Portal. Epg animation shows in actions and Epg loads just fine in background.

• Tell you what… I just got it to work without doing anything… This might sound strange. What I mean is, I just went to the ‘All’ group and put the box in standby. Then when I woke it up this morning, I finally saw the EPG animation. And now it works like it should, too… I’ll be investigating if my own favourite groups have something to do with this, because I simply can’t think of anything else. Like I said, I’d cleared the cache, reset the app, even factory reset the whole box, and it still wouldn’t do it. Until today, that is… I’m at a loss as to what might have caused this. So now I just put the channel selector back into one of my own favourite groups and we’ll see if that changes anything…

• Image dropouts are gone after I have changed in settings - display - custom display format to 1080p 24Hz.

My TV is Samsung 4K UHD.

• buying the z8 is already discouraged in many forums (…)

Oh yeah? Such as? I mean, here in the Netherlands, nearly every IPTV provider recommends either the Z8 OR the Alpha. Formuler must be doing something right then, mustn’t they? I’ve been using it myself since April, and haven’t had one day of regret for buying it. Even with the EPG routine having glitched out on me. I can receive virtually every channel I throw at it, no matter how bizarre the codec may be. Something I most certainly couldn’t say for my previous box.

Image dropouts are gone after I have changed in settings - display - custom display format to 1080p 24Hz.

My TV is Samsung 4K UHD.

What kind of image dropouts are you experiencing? If you want to enjoy 4K content, you should set the frame rate to automatic in the Settings, and turn AFR to on in MOL2. That will give you some drops when zapping, but at least you will always have fluent motion, since the displayed frame rate will match that of the content. For higher resolutions to work properly, you should use the supplied HDMI cable or one of similar or better quality, that meets HDMI 2.0 specs at the least. I have had to change my own HDMI cable too, because I thought I could use an existing one, only to be proven wrong. That one was compliant only to HDMI1.2 and was therefore not nearly quick enough to handle all of the data being squished through it. I have since connected the cable that came with my Z8 and have never had an issue with image quality or stability since.

• Hi,

I found a new problem with the last update (may).

When I'm recording a tv show I cannot go to the VOD or series. Before it was possible.

If someone can help

Kind regards

• Hi together,

Just updated my Z8 yesterday and found out that I'm no longer able to watch any Series or VOD while Recording a regular Channel!

It says"warning - recording" and I'm not able to change to VOD's or Series.

This was possible on the version before the last update.

Could you confirm this issue?

Actually this function was very valuable for me.

Best Regards,

Lee

• Dear Cyber82,

I have experienced same issue as well!

This function was really nice and I hope someone is trying to to regain this function.

. - (((((

• Royalsetters#

Now as you mentioned it I realized that unusual freez moments 1-3 seconds appear to happen and soundfreezers as well.

I would have preferred to stay on ol version, guess there is no way back right?

Regards,

Lee

• hello,

My vod not loading any TV series.. i am using iptv portal and same url address. My other dreamlink box works fine..

Please fix beta software for VOD.:loudly_crying_face:

• Official Post

In first post and each update description stay: Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

• So please fix software , I can't watch series now !!! Many client are "unhapy". You can make a chance to stop software update from client side. Because of stability and trust of you IPTV boxes. Anyway "stalk**" is better choise than XC. Smart people don't like ecrypted php code with backdoors :winking_face:

• Catchup is messed up loads verry slow also says wanna start cloudshifting i normally never get that question..., normally i click it plays now stays loading also if you shift forward continue loading normally shit forward and starts.. catchup jumps van start to end out of nothing...

Also epg loads slow

I also have this issue. No longer a catch up option. you only get cloudshift and it takes longer to load. Even when you go in the 10sec FF or RWD doesnt work it will only work in 1m intervals