Unable to wake box from sleep

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Thanks for your reply.
    I connected the remote controller app to mirror the screen and it seems to boot and then crash when it autoruns the PIA VPN app.

Will try the recovery steps.

• Thanks for your reply.
    I connected the remote controller app to mirror the screen and it seems to boot and then crash when it autoruns the PIA VPN app.

Will try the recovery steps.

Ok, seems odd as it showing no signal on tv if you can view via the remote controller app, therefore a signal should be being sent to the tv, maybe you have a faulty HDMI cable in addition to the PIA app issue.

Do you by any chance have a usb/micro sd card or hdd plugged in? if so disconnect these and try powering up again. also DO NOT format any drive using exFAT file system as at the moment there is a bug that causes IPTVLauncher to crash, so format using FAT32 or NTFS, use FAT32 for manual recovery if you do that, so if you have plugged anything in disconnect and try powering up again.. So try this as well before manual recovery.

• After trying the recovery steps I get the android recovery error image (red triangle). Anything else I can try? The mirror app stops working as the VPN app kicks in. So I am blind after that and I cant access the settings menu quick enough to disable it.

• The mirror app only works when the box is booted up hence i mentioned try another HDMI cable as a no signal indicates hdmi faulty cable. Did you try another HDMI cable? it was step 1) in my previous post.

a red triangle indicates android has gone into recovery mode. At this point i would go through the manual recovery instructions and try again. The PIA app cannot launch until box has booted up past a certain level and if entering manual recovery it should not interfere at all.

Did you by any chance try to install beta firmware, it was temporary mentioned on this forum and then removed?

I am going to tag @SAM at this point to see if he can assist any further as i'm not aware of any other recovery method.

• Ok, not sure what was happening but I managed to reset by quickly disabling VPN and then going to the settings menu and do it from there using the mirror app.

The box now boots fine, I think the problem might have been caused by the standby problem. Does anyone have a solution for that? I disabled any autostart app to make sure nothing boots when I start the box.

What is the problem with attached HDD in exfat? When I boot with the HDD attached it gets stuck on the update screen.

Thank you very much for your help BTW

Edited once, last by Renex ().

• Official Post

HDD in exFAT? exFAT have serious problem and cause issues like this :smiling_face: exFAT is fixed in next Update.

• Thank you Sam, do you know when the new update will go live? Also does the box autoupdate on startup (sorry noob question)?

• Well that's a relief, so is it showing no signal now or all ok?

Totally agree don't allow apps to auto start as there seems to be some odd behaviour when doing so.

Regarding the standby issue, i mentioned in a previous post on this thread, when it happens i find pressing the power button 2/3 times on remote brings it back to life and boots up normally then so try that in future. As this issue continues with multiple users i would imagine this will be escalated as a potential bug for further investigation.

in regards to the file system if you format for example a usb flash drive/hdd using exFAT as the filesystem then plug it into your box it will cause a IPTVLauncher has crashed, this happens in a continuous loop, so to solve you remove usb flash drive then reboot. This is fixed in next firmware release but in the meantime use FAT32 or NTFS, i do not recommend trying either as well it's a bug.

From what i understand, when you have hdd plugged in and boot device it gets stuck on checking for updates? but when you unplug hdd it boots up fine? If the file system on the HDD is exFAT then that will be your issue. So you will need to either format HDD to FAT32 or NTFS (i prefer NTFS myself on HDDs) and FAT32 on microsd or keep it unplugged until the new firmware release becomes available.

If getting stuck on checking for updates continues although i bet it's because you are using exFAT, although after the issues you have had i would just unplug everything at this point except the power cable, reboot device then go to settings -> system -> factory reset and start from fresh.

• @droidbug all good now, as I said I managed to quickly disable the VPN using the mirror and then factory reset from the settings menu. Everything as good as new.

I noticed the problems with the HDD so I always removed it when booting, I think I will keep unplugged until the next update now :smiling_face: .

I hope that by disabling all autostart apps will resolve the standby issue, otherwise I will have the box turn OFF rather than on Standby when using the STB button on the remote.

• @droidbug all good now, as I said I managed to quickly disable the VPN using the mirror and then factory reset from the settings menu. Everything as good as new.

Excellent :smiling_face:

I noticed the problems with the HDD so I always removed it when booting, I think I will keep unplugged until the next update now :smiling_face: .

If you have lots of stuff on the HDD and no way of backing it up elsewhere then yes would be easier to wait for next firmware release, if not much on there and you can back it up then you could just format it using FAT32 or NTFS then add backed up stuff back, your choice.

I hope that by disabling all autostart apps will resolve the standby issue, otherwise I will have the box turn OFF rather than on Standby when using the STB button on the remote.

I do not have apps auto start and it still happens. I hold down power button and choose power off but still seems to happen.

I find if i press power button to bootup device and it does nothing, if i press power button again 2/3 times it seems to work for me.

• I do not have apps auto start and it still happens. I hold down power button and choose power off but still seems to happen.

I find if i press power button to bootup device and it does nothing, if i press power button again 2/3 times it seems to work for me.

sounds like is impossible to escape... That is really bad. I started to regret buying this box, it's one problem after another. Such a shame I had high hopes.

• Have you tried other android boxes? I am not affiliated or paid in anyway but i can genuinely and honestly say the Formuler Z7+ is by far the least problematic box i have purchased.

My last box required installing unofficial custom firmware from a community forum with no audits, patches, addons just to get the basics working and then still riddled with bugs and a support team that was in denial and blamed the customer, manufacturer did not care hence the unofficial community custom firmware and the support was from the distributor, manufacturer did not want to know or supported there users and i paid double the price of the Formuler Z7+ and that's before even going into when using kodi how i had to install wrappers and addons just to play a basic video and that came with green/pink video being displayed, when it did play a video fine it stuttered, freezed and crashed regularly. Honestly it was a nightmare.

Bugs unfortunately will always exist it's just one of those things and it will not be any different with other boxes, in my case it was muchworse, formuler are always doing there best and new firmware updates are being released regularly when beta testing is complete.

This box is still new and like anything new firmware takes time to mature. I understand how frustrating it can be but from my experience the firmware on the formuler box is much more mature and stable than i have seen on other boxes that have been released 1/2+ years ago.

• sounds like is impossible to escape... That is really bad. I started to regret buying this box, it's one problem after another. Such a shame I had high hopes.

100% with you. Bought this box for my mom to make it easier for her, has ended up being a bigger pain than a cheap eBay Android box she had previously. For the premium you pay compared to those eBay boxes, you'd think it'd actually work.

• I have not used other boxes, but for £100 I expect more and rightly so. I used Kodi for almost 3 years running on a rasperrypi and never had this type of problem.

• I also have the standby issiue!

When i found this thred i try to disconnect my usb key memory (fat32) and disabled automstic start of the my tv online app, and when i stated the box today it starts up all fine! Rally Fast boot time!

Just for testing now i have added my tv online app to start up again! But not connected the usb key memory yet! :smiling_face:

Thanks! For the help and the info! I was Almost throw the box out of the window yesterday!
    Im relly happy thats you guys try to fix this issiue! Its more importent then the slow epg! :smiling_face:

Thanks!

// Karl

• Hi Karl,

The standby issue appears to be fixed going by latest information from the Beta :smiling_face:

All information in regards to the firmware release can be seen here: March/April Update

• Formuler support team
    please make it possible to Power On/off and wake up/standby Z7+ Using usb remote that are widely available in market. BuzzTV box already does this.