Buffering issues

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Guys,

Don't forget that buffering issues could also be what's between the streaming server and your isp. If there's a system having routing problems, network issues, or possible throttling along the way.

My setup is very simple. 50mbps, yes.. only 50mbps with 2 z7+ wired, 2 ipad and 2 iphone. No buffering issues.

I could run 5 streams at the same time with no issues and I'm with Spectrum Cable (Time Warner Cable)

• One thing I have noticed, is that the Z7+ become hot (very hot) when the buffering starts. Could it be this be the explanation ? Critical temperature is reached...

To Rickiev : I understand your point of view, but what I can not explain, it works fine for 45 minutes, then bufferings starts (also frequency of buffering increases). I have this issue only with some 4k VOD streaming (not all...), no issue with FHD or normal streaming.

Kind regards

Chocolate

• Evening

I am now nearly certain that the buffering has nothing to do with the box or how it is set up and all to do with mytv app.

I have three providers linked to the mytv app today it has buffered like crazy to the point where all of them were unwatchable.

I decided to install the providers own apps and I haven’t had a single buffer with them.

Any idea what the optimum settings are for the mytvonline app?

• Hi,

Do you have a box from other brand, to test your three providers?

Cheers

Mike 8)

• That's odd. I have three provider as well, plus one using the mac address. No issues. The mac is a static ip assigned by my router. M3U links with the other providers. No issues with buffering. My speed is only 50 mbps, nothing major and works perfectly.

• As Rickiev, I experience no or very little buffering issues. The only setting I changed in MOL is I put the buffering time at the lowest. Otherwise, all plug and play. Plus a really good IPTV provider. He offers me the option to change sources for the stream if I do experience buffering. In 99% of the time, this solves any issue in those few cases there is an issue. If things cannot be solved, its almost always an issue with the source of the stream. This can even be streaming the wrong content. Changing sources solves this issue as well in most cases.

But don't forget: this is IPTV. If you want a perfect service 100% of the time, this is not for you. There always will be issues.

• Mevi  

Hi,

It´s supposed we have problems with Ethernet connector of the Formuler Z7+ (10/100Mbps), to buy a USB external RJ45 gigabit adapter?

No make any sense in my opinion.

Happy new Year

Cheers

Mike 8)

• i did have buffer issues when i first had my z7+ ther only thing i did and has worked is changed to static ip address in settings and rebooted device. fingers crossed since then no buffer but i do have a really good iptv provider so that could of helped as well

• Mevi

I tested my formuler Z7+ with a external USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter and the buffering problems are the same! a lot of buffering.

Tested with https://www.tp-link.com/us/pro…ls/cat-5523_TL-UE300.html

Mike 8)

• I gave up and purchased something else since two weeks. It doesn't have any buffering and it's a real beast.

I won't mention the name of the other device, 'cos I don't wanna brake any forum rule.

Bye, bye, Formuler it was a great journey, even tough it was short.

• Hi:Also with buffer problems on a Z7+ i am going to explain here my net work and i just order a Z8 to see where this go.

I am in portugal with fiber 1Gb/ 300Mb router with internal network at 10Gb an 1Gb, router is capable of 8 to 10 Gb of routing at the moment, I am a Network admin for big networks. What i have done:

1- going to manual ip not dhcp ( android 7 problem when it sleeps after wake it stays on 10Mbit)

2 - use a usb ue300 with a Gbit ethernet port ( burst of network goes from 60 Mbits max to 130 Mbits) it improves fast loading on mytvonline

3 -tested network speed with iperf3 on internal net 600-700 Mbits tcp ( the server side is at 10Gb)

So its NOT network (speed test for outside PT gives 930Mbit down 280Mbit up) 4ms in pt, 38ms to 40ms for france my iptv provider

Next week i will post results with Z8 and MytvOnline 2 (software)

I am going to solve this anyway the hammer is ready :)

• great news friend.

I like to follow from now on your posts.

Great network do you have btw👍🏻

• ive had the z7+ since it came on the market.i changed to static ip rebooted router and device,bingo no buffer at all.a lot of isps can detect sertain devices and throttle internet try using a vpn like express vpn see if that makes any difference.i no for sure isp will throttle e2 devices {zgemma} another consideration is to do with providers servers,were there located

• ive had the z7+ since it came on the market.i changed to static ip rebooted router and device,bingo no buffer at all.a lot of isps can detect sertain devices and throttle internet try using a vpn like express vpn see if that makes any difference.i no for sure isp will throttle e2 devices {zgemma} another consideration is to do with providers servers,were here located

Hi: thanks but that is not the case i have a server in france where i can login wiht sstp vpn or pptp vpn and my router is capble of 2.5Gb 256 tunnels with AES-256-CBC + SHA256 so they con not throttle anything as i can do bandwith test with the server in france inside the vpn and i get always 98 Mbits

the network is limited at 100Mb no trafic limit, and i can check if there was throttle i could sense it more to do throttle on https (sstp vpn) most isp do not do that because of complains of clients.