Hotfix: FW 1.4.67 - SW 7.8.7 for Z8/ZAlpha (28.05.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

New official update hotfix released for Z8 / Z Alpha.

WARNING:
    Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

If serious errors occur, please do factory reset.

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or unplug the power supply, could damage the box. The reboot after update needs always much more time then usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install.

Firmware Version : 1.4.67 HOTFIX

FIX: Mouse cursor is displayed when accessing a certain menu

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.7 HOTFIX

FIX: Crash when accessing Series episodes

FIX: HLS fast start preference gets reset after reboot

FIX: No EPG for DVB-T channels

IMP: RCU response slow when exiting from Classic channel list

IMP: Added Swedish translation

Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

• Is the new improvement for "IMP: Move "View catchup in Grid EPG" option to Portal Settings" supposed to show up when using an MAC ID?

I only see the option if I use a username and password for my Portal connection after connecting.

Thanks.

• I got black screen with text Android after latest update.

Lot of apps do not work. If I click on them I got that same black screen with android text.

I also happens when I just look att TV in "MyTv" app.

Z8 is not stabile.

Whats wrong with the latest update?

• Official Post

Question: We plan to rework the swedish translation and the best way is to involve the community into translation. I have found one user for translation but would like to have two more, for recheck and consultation. Someone have time and would like to participate?

Mevi I would like to have you also in this group, if you have time?

• Official Post

I do believe provider has reached out to your team and awaiting reply....

Ok, then await providers reply i think he will get asap answer from team.

Have you not reproduced the issue to see what others are experiencing?

No not at all, test subs i have are working like they should. If i was able to reproduce some issue i confirm this always here.

User feedbacks/complains are also not detailed, in most cases are important infos missing like what they use (Stalker MAC/ID, Xc Api, M3U, is factory reset done or not, cache deleted, is recheck with other IPTV App done or not, MOL reinstall done or not, etc.).

For VOD, Series and Live TV are also test subs. necessary, so the devs. can reproduce the issue in full.

• Hi Sam. Thanks for the reply.

I do believe provider has reached out to your team and awaiting reply....

was just wondering when it’s likely to be sorted. Have you not reproduced the issue to see what others are experiencing?

I have the issue too SAM. as well as a crash when I channel zap.. I go ,maybe 5 channels in succession and the screen goes black. no more streaming. ive seen on the boards I'm not alone here.

• Official Post

For all with this VOD, Series, TV Live etc. issues and installed Hotfix.

Please, in such case open a new support ticket at https://support.formuler.tv and provide detailed issue description. If necessary include also screenshots or small videos from the Issue, this helps very much. If needed try also to provide test account from your provider so the devs can test directly. More details in ticket, faster fix will come. Thank You.

Btw. it would be also nice to post and collect all feedbacks in this one thread and not to spread such feedbacks trough many other threads. All Hotfix depended issues should be bespoken in this thread here.

• Question: We plan to rework the swedish translation and the best way is to involve the community into translation. I have found one user for translation but would like to have two more, for recheck and consultation. Someone have time and would like to participate?

Mevi I would like to have you also in this group, if you have time?

I can help translate into Swedish

I have translated some other systems and know how it works.

• Official Post

iptvgiganten , ajdee , Mevi and Yga unlocked for the translation Subforum. Please find the forum, enter and go to Swedish thread. Other communication in this case please only in Swedish thread (subforum). Thank you for your effort.

• HI Sam

On the last update the catch up has now changed to cloudshift. Is there anyway to go back to the way it was. Now on catch up it does load but slower and the FF and RW is only in 1m intervals even if you set it to 5secs like before. Just a small bug from the last update but keep up the work the box is fantastic

• Hi Sam, I experienced the black screen for the first time today and thought I would provide some info that may be helpful.

Using XC API with username and password as well as cache reset. I was accessing some catchup shows that ended up not replaying at some point so I exited to live TV to see that the screen was black and the same for many channels. I rebooted and still the same issue. I powered off and unplugged but still the same issue. My provider also has a web portal that I attempted to login to using the same credentials as MOL2 portal but could not login.

I attempted to login to web portal with different credentials for the same provider and that was successful. I have a second box using the second set of credentials and that box was working fine for live TV.

20 or 30 minutes later the black screen went away and live TV started working as well as the web portal for the first set of credentials.

It seems like an account lockout or security issue is caused at the provider when this catchup/black screen issue is happening. Invalid credentials or malformed urls sent.........

I am not sure if this info is helpful or already known but thought it was worth posting.

Cheers.

• Official Post

Thank you both for reporting this issues, will try to reproduce and get infos (if reproducible from my side) for the devs.

Please note, if such things happen only once or twice it could be provider side and that they working on something. Please check always instantly with some other iptv app if same happens also with this app.

• Stil same issues shift forwards is dramatical.. stays loading must wait seconds to start, everytime i start catchup. also it gives you want to start cloud shift verry frustrating, i know you do your best.. but i went from a perfect working z8 to a z8 i dont even want anymore.

• Hello everybody

I am new here, I have a Z8. Since the update I zap after 1-2x, a black screen ..... it seems that the connection breaks down. Vod and series also do not open. But depending on the transmitter, it reconnects after 20-45 seconds.

Speed test result with LAN is 400-500 Mbps.

I cleared mytvonline2 cache yesterday, disconnected Z8 from the network and reconnected after a few minutes ... problem still there. Then I reset to factory settings.

Everything is restored, unfortunately mytvonline2 can only be downloaded with the latest software update .... very annoying. Didn't use anything. Problem still exists

I'm in contact with the provider .... he also has a Z8 with SW update ... he has no problems. He doesn't know what is blocking.

I'm desperate ... I'm very grateful for any help.

I speak German .....

Sorry about my english .... Google.

• Did you try with another provider?

• Official Post

Please test same scenario with app like Tivimate and check if issue happens. Try also to use other connection wifi <> ethernet.

• I'm having exactly same issue since the update.....TV and VOD loads up OK from a restart but black screens after a few minutes (channel name etc still there - just black screen) - Loads up again OK each time, but then crashes again etc....only since update...even crashes whilst on standby, so if I turn it off when it's OK, and then turn on later, black screen from outset...(it says it's connected to the portal in the settings). No difference if use VPN or not.

Have cleared cache and done factory data reset etc, but can only download latest MOL2, so issue still arises...

Worked perfectly with previous MOL2 version - I wish I han't done the update and could go back to that !....as it stands, box is unusable - help!

Edited once, last by ukslc (June 4, 2020 at 8:56 PM).

• Please test same scenario with app like Tivimate and check if issue happens. Try also to use other connection wifi <> ethernet.

Didn't find the Tivimate app, not even in the market. For this, the app IPTV SMARTERS installed and logged in with the Xtream Codes API. It is of course not qualitatively comparable with mytvonline2, but it doesn't have the same problems as connection crash ... black screen and no restart necessary.

LAN and WLAN make no difference.

Is there a new software update in sight? who fix these bugs ?! So the box is unusable! :tired_face:

Edited once, last by mataia: As a supplement; my access is via ID. Since the update, the download speed of the Internet line is sometimes half high / + - 400 Mbps with LAN. Usually it is at + - 700 Mbps with LAN. My router is from a telecommunications provider. LAN connection with a multimedia network distributor in the apartment. The fiber box (router) is based on the ultra-fast glass fiber technology - XGS-PON / OTO connection. Is my router blocking something? (June 5, 2020 at 9:42 AM).

• Everyone.... my guess on the matter, I don’t think the update is fully to blame for everyone’s issues especially as everything worked during BETA testing.

So what has changed since the official Update was released....

Well a lot of providers have moved to a new panel and as such it could be creating a conflict. Many app devs were very quick and have updated their API for the new panel the same day and I believe Formuler has Not yet done that. Once they’ve done so the issues should be resolved.

I know the devs are aware of this due to information I’ve received so we just have to wait a little bit.

Formuler team are good and responsive so don’t worry.

• As a supplement; my access is via ID.

Since the update, the download speed of the Internet line is sometimes half high / + - 400 Mbps with LAN.

Usually it is at + - 700 Mbps with LAN.

My router is from a telecommunications provider.

LAN connection with a multimedia network distributor in the apartment.

The fiber box (router) is based on the ultra-fast glass fiber technology - XGS-PON / OTO connection.

Is my router blocking something?

• how to give static IP?

The Internet-Box Nord individual expert settings in the area of network and IP addresses. To change these settings, enter "http: // internetbox" or "192.168.1.1" in our Internet browser and log in with your Internetbox administrator password. Switch to expert mode and switch to the "IP settings" tab via the network point. Under "Can assign a static IP address" you can assign a static IP address to a device.

Set up on the end devices:

The static IP address can also be configured on the network device. However, I recommend creating all static IP addresses centrally in the Internet-Box web portal, because manually configured network installations require expert knowledge and planning. When selecting the static IP address in the end device, avoid the addresses from the range 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.168 (DHCP range of the Internet Box).

Important: Please make sure that you use the same static IP address only once. It is also advisable to set up the device either only on the router or on the end device itself. Otherwise, you risk IP conflicts that prevent Internet access.

Googled source

• Hello, I did a factory reset and always the same black screen at the time it becomes irritating it must be repeated each time to formulate it. thank you for finding a solution ....

• La

Code
    Bonjour,
    J'ai fait une réinitialisation d'usine et toujours le même écran noir au moment d'un moment ça devient irritant il faut répéter à chaque fois pour le formuler.
    merci de  trouver une solution ....
    Code
    Hello,
    I did a factory reset and always the same black screen at the time it becomes irritating it must be repeated each time to formulate it.
    thank you for finding a solution ....

EVEN