Beta Firmware 1.2.70 / Beta MyTVOnline 1.9.70 for Zx, Z7+, Zx 5G and Z7+ 5G

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Formuler Z-series beta software released for Zx, Z7+, Zx 5G and Z7+ 5G

Firmware Version : 1.2.70 BETA

MYTVOnline : 1.9.70 BETA

WARNING:

Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

Please keep in mind, this is Beta and could have also bugs or act unstable, it is for testing and not for productive use 24h with the box.

If you don`t want to test, please wait until official comes out. No Forum support in other threads if beta is in use, beta issues should be discussed only in this thread.

HowTo Install:

Home Menu -> Cog.Wheel -> Update -> press "0227" -> Red Icon and Beta Test SW appear (right corner) -> Press Red Button -> Now is the Firmware and Software shown, press now "OK" button for install.

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or plug out the power supply, could damage the box. The reboot after update needs always much more time then usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install.

Change Log:

[SYSTEM] FIX: Internal WLAN dropping issue

[SYSTEM] FIX: Display Resolution button doesn't show resolution selection window

[SYSTEM] IMP: Display resolution selection window only shows compatible resolutions

[SYSTEM] FIX: System software update hangs when system memory is full

[SYSTEM] IMP: Improved front panel boot-up LED sequence

[SYSTEM] FIX: Android Location Services

[MOL] FIX: Radio channel streaming issue on certain portals

[MOL] IMP: Increased refresh rate of detailed stream info

[MOL] FIX: Episode playback issue on certain portals

[MOL] FIX: Crashing issue when switching portals

[MOL] FIX: Favorite list changes if m3u list is updated

[MOL] FIX: Page scrolling issue in TV Series section

[MOL] FIX: xmltv EPG parsing issue

[MOL] FIX: Cell overlap issue in Program Guide

[MOL] FIX: HLS VOD playback issue

[MOL] FIX: Group Channel Numbering preference changes after applying Installer Mode config

[MOL] FIX: Recording stops if stream buffers

[MOL] FIX: m3u channel parsing issue

[MOL] FIX: TV Series playback/seek issue

[MOL] FIX: Favorite channels disappear when using Xtream Codes API

[MOL] FIX: Freeview HD EPG display issue when using USB DVB-T tuner

[MOL] FIX: Timeshift file is created on USB even if Timeshift is set to OFF

Various bug fixes and performance improvements

Known Issues: Duration incorrectly displayed during catchup playback

* Beta definition:

Beta firmware/software is undergoing testing and has not yet been officially released. The beta phase follows the alpha phase, but precedes the final version. Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public. We have decided in past to open Beta for all interested Beta Users and public. Please read the warning at beginning, it is important.

Software developers release beta versions of software in order to garner useful feedback before releasing the final version of a program. They often provide web forums that allow beta testers to post their feedback and discuss their experience using software.

In most cases, a software developer will release multiple "beta" versions of a program during the beta phase. Each version includes updates and bug fixes that have been made in response to user feedback. The beta phase may last anywhere from a few weeks for a small program to several months for a large program.

Each beta version is typically labelled with the final version number followed by a beta version identifier (last nb.). For example, the fifth beta release of the second version of a software program may have the version number "1.2.5." and first one "1.2.0", depends at end always from developers how to call each Beta.

Factory reset during beta test phase is normal and should be done for clean install and full database update. In some cases it is not necessary and in others have to be done explicit.

Since beta software is a pre-release version of the final application, it may be unstable or lack features that will be be included in the final release. Therefore, beta software often comes with a disclaimer that testers should use the software at their own risk. If you choose to beta test a program, be aware that it may not function as expected.

• If this is new for you, then wait little bit (1-2 weeks) until official comes out :winking_face:

• It`s up to you :winking_face: All needed is already written in first post.

• Still when I switch channels or go to another group the box crashes to the home menu.

Please fix this.

• can someone help me with my problem, i installed the beta version and my tv online says channel list empty, got this problem with the older version to. If i paste the link in perfect player the channels opened. But my online tv says channel list empty by m3u

• can someone help me with my problem, i installed the beta version and my tv online says channel list empty, got this problem with the older version to. If i paste the link in perfect player the channels opened. But my online tv says channel list empty by m3u

I have this problem too. But I didn't install the beta-Software. Playlists dont work on my Z7+ with the regular software ("playlist empty"). So I think that problem is not new. My Z7+ ist working with a portal so this issue doesn't matter to me. But its not new I think.

• When installing the beta after restarting and launching MOL, I was constantly on the page of updates and impossible to have anything else and this despite several restorations factories, I had to do a hard reset physical via SD card for solve the problem. For my part the betas stop

• Tried to upgrade and the firmware upgraded but MYTV won't upgrade.Says IPTV version not installed.Have tried several times it says downloading but doesn't install.Any ideas on why this is happening or what to do?

Sorry to say, but you need to do factory reset in this case and install again.

BTW.

In first post stays:

WARNING:

Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

Please keep in mind, this is Beta and could have also bugs or act unstable, it is for testing and not for productive use 24h with the box.

If you don`t want to test, please wait until official comes out. No Forum support in other threads if beta is in use, beta issues should be discussed only in this thread.

Other thread deleted.

I know it's not correct Thread but deffinetly interested for becoming beta tester for Z8, if any spots are available please send PM

First post:

* Beta definition:

Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public. We have decided in past to open Beta for all interested Beta Users and public.

Each one can participate and post his feedback in open threads like this but should first read complete text and the warnings. We collect beta feedbacks in future only from extra opened thread like this (at one place and not allotted trough many different threads) here in Forum. Formuler have also other channels and receive feedbacks from Testers all over the world but this have nothing to do with forum.

Instant IP ban with XC login on 3 providers.

For the final release, there will be improvements to reduce server bans due to flooding.

• I understand it's a beta fix, I'm not complaining I just wanted some help on what to do to get the box back up and running which I have now. Trying it out now and so far its ok other than the EPG is not working with m3u playlist.Its fine if using a mac portal

• So far everything working but I've started having an issue. I use Kodi for Plex and now since the update to beta while in the middle of watching something the box just reboots randomly. Any ideas ? Thanks ✌️

• hi everbody,

I'm a new user of the zx 5g. Very happy with it in general. Updated to the beta, as my favs got mixed up basically after every boot. I now ran into an issue, that scheduled recordings are not starting. I select multiple shows or movies overnight. On different channels, time is not overlapping. Next morning i have no recordings. I tested this today. I scheduled a show 5 minutes before the start. Recording never started for some reason. I even was on the right channel, not in stb. Are there issues with scheduling over epg? General/manual recording is working fine. Or is there a problem if i schedule multiple channels (after each other, not at the same time). Many thanks and keep up the good work

• Did you installed Beta? If not, this is wrong thread and your post should move to new one.

• Pags

Try this:

1. Check Date and Time/area/regio etc.

2. EPG switch between "Normal" <> "UTC". Some providers need normal and some UTC. Check also "offset" if epg data does n`t match.

3. Format your recording device like in this howto -> How to format Micro SD card, USB flash drive, pen drive, hard drive or SSD for use with Z and S Boxes.

• I switched to using MAC connection. This somehow seemed to have helped.

USB-Storage was already formated with rufus, as per guide.

I think the reason is the buffering of Full HD channels. I noticed when I schedule HD channels it's working fine.

Only the Full HD channels are causing this issue. They started recording now, but dropped after some time.

But I found this to be an issue here on the forum even before the beta.

I'm checking with my provider if this is on their side. Usually for Full HD channels I start to timeshift for 1 minute to prevent any buffering, which is not possible for scheduled recordings, but solves the issue if I live watch it.

Anyway many thanks for the response

• hello, my standard display settings are: UI size : 1080p,HDMI auto adaption : off,custom display format.1080p 50Hz. everythind works fine,just after recording the resolution is always switched to 1080i 60 Hz.and sometimes the box switches to this resolution by itself.