Official FW 1.4.80 - SW 7.10.2 for Z8 pro / Z8 / Z Alpha / Z+ neo (16.11.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Please check your hdmi cable, hdmi port on tv and try also to test on other TV or Monitor.

• Tested and the cloud timeshift starts at the beginning of the current program. Can not reproduce your issue.

Tested but was not able to reproduce reported. Done 4 recordings, gone to Recordings, long press on second , shows all four recordings for check and still marked is the one i did choose with long Ok press. Can not see any issues, marked stay marked.

Btw: What do you mean with cursor, mouse cursor or marked?

Yes, i meant marked.

So it's just me...

• After I installed latest firmware update,video and sound senchronization of most of the channels are not normal anymore. Sound tracks 5-6 sec earlier than actual video.

• After I installed latest firmware update,video and sound senchronization of most of the channels are not normal anymore. Sound tracks 5-6 sec earlier than actual video.

If issue on box, then you can fix this with "Audio Optimizer" and app executing + box reboot. If still exists, it`s provider.

• Hello,

Since running the update, Mytvonline works fine but all other apps have connectivity issues.

IE Disney+, Amazon, Speedtest, etc. are unable to connect. WIFI is connected and appears to be working fine with Mytvonline. Resetting the router and modem had no effect. Neither did a hard power off of the system.

I backed up the system and did a factory reset. Seemed to connect for a brief period after I restored and even ran the update to 1.4.80 but the apps don't appear to be connecting anymore even though Mytvonline does.

Thanks in advance

• Something in your backup image is probably causing the problem.

1. Do a factory reset
    2. Do NOT restore the old backup image
    3. Do NOT install any apps on the system
    4. Open and test the Youtube app
    5. Open and test other apps like Disney and Speedtest
    6. Open and test MYTVOnline2

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• LED light say us the box rebooted and started the launcher. Can you upload screenshot from your blue screen?

Check also your HDMI Cable if connected properly (Box and TV), second hold resolution button for at least few seconds and few times to see if something change.

Thanks Sam. I have found a solution. It seems that the HDMI cable which was connected to AV amplifier and then to speaker system NOW has to be connected directly to the TV. The Z8 seems to be working now. I am going to continue investigating to find out how I can reconnect to my AV system via HDMI. I'll post if I find the issue.

Mark

• Hi mate don’t you hdmi. From formuler to av then another hdmi. Out of av to the tv

Den123 - You're right:

HDMI from Z8 to AV box.

HDMI cable from AV box to TV.

Speaker cables from AV box to speakers.

The issue is that this setup worked fine before the update but not any more. I thought that the blank screen was a dead Z8 but thankfully it works ok if HDMI cable goes directly from Z8 to TV.

Mark

• Force HDCP 1.4 on your Z8 or AVR and then go back to your original setup. Your AVR isn’t handling HDCP 2.2 properly probably

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Hi Folks,

some important info for users after last update 1.4.80 and black screen after reboot.

Here is the article for "How to resolve the RCA TV HDMI issue after updating to Firmware 1.4.80".

https://support.formuler.tv/kb…ating-to-firmware-1-4-80/

• Thanks Sam. I have found a solution. It seems that the HDMI cable which was connected to AV amplifier and then to speaker system NOW has to be connected directly to the TV. The Z8 seems to be working now. I am going to continue investigating to find out how I can reconnect to my AV system via HDMI. I'll post if I find the issue.

Mark

Refer to this article : https://support.formuler.tv/kb…w-to-set-up-soundbar-avr/

• Try also this way:

Home > settings > Advanced options > HDMI CEC, HDCP > Enable HDCP OFF