Features Request Z8/Z10 and MOL2 (No discussions, only request thread)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• AFR (auto frame rate) .... For me it's really the only important thing missing to formuler Z8

This is function which designed to match the media player's output frame rate to the original frame rate of (video) content. This applies to content that's mastered at different frame rates, for example 24fps film-based content or other international video content encoded at 60, 50, 30, 25, and 24fps.

For TV Box (formuler Z8) is important to have AFR in the system to make sure all the content plays in high quality.

DRM

It also lacks consideration of Digital Roights Managements (DRM)

• AFR (auto frame rate))

Do you mean that you want the Z8 to re-encode the videostream to match your current screen refresh rate?

Or do you mean that the Z8 should change the screen refresh rate to match the videostream?

And how should the Z8 know the "original framerate of the video content"? If the information is not stored in the file what do you expect Z8 todo?

DRM

It also lacks consideration of Digital Roights Managements (DRM)

What should be "considered"? What functionality are you requesting? What is missing currently?

• Do you mean that you want the Z8 to re-encode the videostream to match your current screen refresh rate?

Or do you mean that the Z8 should change the screen refresh rate to match the videostream?

And how should the Z8 know the "original framerate of the video content"? If the information is not stored in the file what do you expect Z8 todo?

The Z8 should modify the refresh rate of the screen to match the video stream like the nvidia shield does.

This information is available (when you click twice on the information button you can read the refresh rate) the Z8 therefore has access to the refresh rate of each IPTV channel and should adapt its resolution rate to avoid artifacts.

An article on the subject which shows that the refresh rate if it is not adapted to the broadcast source can cause a drop in quality (especially during long tracking shots)

http://https//ugoos.com/system-auto-frame-rate-for-tv-boxes

What should be "considered"? What functionality are you requesting? What is missing currently?

For example, to have good Netflix quality, in fact Netflix is one of the most demanding applications in terms of rights: in particular, requires DRM management

The absence of DRM certification leads to a drop in signal quality (resolution) for certain applications including Neflix

• The Z8 should modify the refresh rate of the screen to match the video stream like the nvidia shield does.

This information is available (when you click twice on the information button you can read the refresh rate) the Z8 therefore has access to the refresh rate of each IPTV channel and should adapt its resolution rate to avoid artifacts.

An article on the subject which shows that the refresh rate if it is not adapted to the broadcast source can cause a drop in quality (especially during long tracking shots)

This!

• Hello, sorry for my English I use google translation.

FORMULER Z8 is excellent except for one thing, it cannot be saved if it is in standby.

My problem, I use a LOGITE H HARMONY remote control that turns on all my devices. The problem is that when I record a channel, the LOGITECH will turn off all my devices, so the current recording will stop.

The solution, make sure that the LOGITECH does not put the FORMULER on standby anymore, so it stays on all the time ..... but, while staying on all the time, the timeshift function is permanently written to the HDD even if the television is off.

What would be nice is that FORMULER can record in standby mode (direct recording).

or,

when FORMULER is in recording mode, it does not take into account the power off command of the remote control, and once the recording is finished it goes into standby all by itself.

I have not found any answer to this problem and yet there are several people who use a HARMONY remote control.

thank you

• My problem, I use a LOGITE H HARMONY remote control that turns on all my devices. The problem is that when I record a channel, the LOGITECH will turn off all my devices, so the current recording will stop.

The solution, make sure that the LOGITECH does not put the FORMULER on standby anymore, so it stays on all the time

This is a valid proposal. I have made a ticket related to this (#TS00003078), about z8 jamming after shutdown during recording (there is a proposal included to repair the Harmony issue, as well, as a workaround). It seems that the unit jamming has been repaired, let's hope that the Harmony related issue will be fixed, as well. Possibly a new ticket related to this should be generated?

• This has been requested since i dont even know how long back and you have answered it should have been released in an update before the end of the year (2019) but still not implemented. ABILITY TO SORT FAVOURITES. This is a feature of many other apps out there so no reason for it not to be on MOL2.

Thanks

• Put the m3u8 stream link in an m3u playlist. Simple

The m3u8 file contains only relative/partial URL's.

And there is no "single" URL for each stream. The m3u8 file is updated constantly with the new/incremental .ts chunks.

VLC is able to play that type of m3u8. MOL2 7.5.6 is not. I've tried also.

I bought the z8 and this time it's playing m3u8 urls without an issue. Recording is working too. I Tried couple years back with the old z7 and recording did not work. M3u8 has been a headacke for many iptv apps. I'm also using the free urls from the internet. No paid iptv so no option to request ts url output. Really glad...this work...Thank you...Z8 team. As suggested you need to create an m3u with your m3u8 url. You do not need to extract the adaptive list embedded in that url as those change constantly. The app will update every time you switch the channels and thus get the most recent and embedded url per chosen resolution.

• If I have a program of a Show every week that's programmed. If I try to record a movie that conflicts with this schedule it gives me the choice to destroy and confirm the changes. However. it has destroyed all future recordings and not just for the day in question. would it be possible to ask if you want a single occurrence or the whole series. Thank you in advance.

• Set up a backup of the Z8 and MOL2 configuration. The objective is to be able after a hard reset and to be able to restore the backup so as not to redo the entire configuration of the Z8 and MOL2

The feature already exists. You are able to backup and restore user data within the same firmware version.

Android Settings > Backup & restore > backup

• The ability to transcode using "statically linked external program", like for example ffmpeg, during MOL2 recording of a livestream.

MOL2 should then send the raw stream (java.io.BufferedOutputStream?) through the binary.

MOL2 > Configuration > Transcode parameter 1) Full path of the transcode binary used.

MOL2 > Configuration > Transcode parameter 2) Commandline option(s) to be used with the transcode binary, allowing at least 64 chars?

Perhaps even integrate (parts of) bytedeco or ffmpeg-java?

Obviously Formuler will never be responsible for failing recordings due to invalid/wrong usage of commandline options.

• FEATURE REQUEST

HDMI CEC TV ON

Hello, I have a problem, following a discussion with a technician of Formuler, he says that it is not a bug but a choice of Formuler so that the person who records programm TV is not disturbed.

my proposal is simple: You have to put in the : advanced options / CEC / TURN ON WITH TV.

Like that, the people who want to activate it activate it and those who do not they dont. So nobody is penalized and everyone is happy.

Yes, this is called an "advanced option", user can choose . I dont record programm, and i a penalized by person who want ?

can this ADVANCED feature be in the future update ?

What do the technicians of Formuler think?

• Turning on the TV when the Z8 turns on won't be implemented because the Z8 needs to turn on when making a scheduled recording.

Imagine if you schedule a recording late at night and your TV turns on while you are sleeping :face_with_open_mouth: Will make you want to call the Ghostbusters :grinning_squinting_face:

And for people who never use recording ?

I suggest you make and advanced option HDMI CEC ON

people who want to record : put it OFF

People who dont want to record : Put it ON

Why Formuler dont want to give the choice to the user by an advanced option ?

I really dont undertand this point of view...

• I searched and can't find that this has been asked:

Add ability to set any of the speed buttons (4 colored buttons) to change output resolution to value of choice without having to scroll to selection and confirm selection at the 'keep' confirmation prompt.

I watch a mix of UK TV and NA TV. I swap between 1080p/50 and 1080p/60.

UK usually broadcasts in 25 frames per sec and NA 30 frames per sec.

I set refresh rate to accommodate this respectively (50Hz or 60Hz) to reduce stuttering.

A quick way (single button press) to set a pre-defined video resolution would be great! :winking_face_with_tongue:

Edited 3 times, last by mangochutney (January 23, 2020 at 1:33 PM).

• When you watch a recording from a live channel in MOL2 you can configure a "Jump" setting, like 10s/30s/60s etc... but when you press the FFWD button it starts to increase the play speed to 2x/4x/8/16x.

The same FFWD does jump the configured time when viewing cloud/timeshift.

Jump functionality should be the same when watching a recording or otherwise an alternative button should be configured (and documented) to skip/jump the configured amount of seconds.

• At the present time, it works when connected with XC/API only.

On MAC/ID Stalker Trailers doesn`t work because it is not supported from code, XC Api code supports this!

Formuler doesn`t change or produce Stalker or XC Api code, please understand this is 3th part code.

• Hi

First of all I really like your app. I would very much like if you could make it possible to change the appearance of the EPG (smaller fonts, different background colors).

It would also be great if closed captions were shown as pop-up captions instead of rolling captions.

• I would like to see the following features in mytv:

1) Ability to record one channel and watch another at the same time.

2) Ability to create subgroups within the favourites.

3) Ability to reorder channels in favorite lists.

4) For the date parameter to work in the VOD sections

5) Ability to sort favorite TV Shows alphabetically and latest recording date.

Great box overall and I'm sure will continue to just get better and better.

• The Z8 only to record live TV after having pressed the pause button to start time shift. See also this thread .

Note my trusted and popular satellite box does it like this.

Otherwise at least have the possibility to choose between option 1. always recording or 2. only after pause is pressed.

Reason: Don't want continues recording and still have time shift as a possibility.