FW1.4.14 -SW 7.1.1 Update for Z8

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Here you can discuss all about last 1.4.14 - 7.1.1 Update for Z8 and MOL2.

Firmware Version : 1.4.14 (r18946)

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.1.1 (r1070)

WARNING: Software cannot be rolled back after installation. Factory reset after install is recommended.

Change Log:

• [SYSTEM] ADD: Organize Launcher icons. Press and hold OK on the remote
    • [SYSTEM] FIX: Device randomly powers on while in Power OFF state
    • [SYSTEM] FIX: Network data usage leak
    • [SYSTEM] FIX: WLAN connection drops randomly
    • [SYSTEM] PREF: UPnP/DLNA client now OFF by default. Turn ON from Android Settings if needed.
    • [MOL2] ADD: EPG Scheduled recordings. Schedule recordings across different portals and playlists.
    • [MOL2] ADD: EPG reminders. Schedule reminders across different portals and playlists.
    • [MOL2] ADD: Background recording. Switch to different apps while recording.
    • [MOL2] ADD: Extra recording time. Automatically add extra time to the beginning and end of scheduled recordings. Access from the Settings menu
    • [MOL2] ADD: Hide Channel groups. Access from Portal Edit menu.
    • [MOL2] ADD: Alphabetical channel list sorting. Access from the Settings menu
    • [MOL2] ADD: VOD trailers for xtream-codes API portals
    • [MOL2] ADD: Local m3u caching
    • [MOL2] FIX: Connection to servers not properly closed
    • [MOL2] FIX: Wrong channels displayed in Channel History list
    • [MOL2] FIX: Resolution info and resolution icon don't match
    • [MOL2] FIX: HLS VOD playback issue
    • [MOL2] FIX: VOD list empty issue
    • [MOL2] FIX: Live stream URL not closed when changing portals when Local Timeshift is ON.
    • Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
  • SAM

Approved the thread.
  • SAM

Changed the title of the thread from “Update for Z8” to “FW1.4.14 -SW 7.1.1 Update for Z8”.
  • Just to make sure - in order to install the new software properly the steps are:

1) Update through the app to new version

2) Factory reset

3) Setup your box from there

Just asking since I know some people will have a similar question and I just want to update properly and hopefully enjoy the box without problems.

Edit: Removed other option to avoid confusing other people.

Edited once, last by Qnyx ().

• 1) Update through the app to new version

2) Factory reset

3) Setup your box from there

This.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Code
    1. Hello, I am very disappointed that it is not operational in this update to create a list of favorites with VOD and Series. I hope this will be corrected for the next update.
    2. Bonjour, je suis très déçu qu'il ne soit pas opérationnel dans cette mise à jour de créer une liste de favoris avec VOD et Séries. J'espère que cela sera corrigé pour la prochaine mise à jour.
  • Peo587

Yes

Pittro

See upper postings, then factory reset under- home menu - reset- pin 0000- factory reset.

• Code
    1. Hello, I am very disappointed that it is not operational in this update to create a list of favorites with VOD and Series. I hope this will be corrected for the next update.
    2. Bonjour, je suis très déçu qu'il ne soit pas opérationnel dans cette mise à jour de créer une liste de favoris avec VOD et Séries. J'espère que cela sera corrigé pour la prochaine mise à jour.

I support this request

• Request is known but there was no time to consider in this update, critical bugs have higher priority or not? Once again, it is known and forwarded, devs must check all options first and implement when they have time.

• Hello...

• [MOL2] ADD: VOD trailers for xtream-codes API portal

1. I do have an Xtream-Codes portal, and I can't find the trailers on VOD (movies and TV series)... I only have the movie's picture, the synopsis and a list of the actors, but no "Trailer" button or anything like that.

2. The EPG bug (forced to scroll all the channels one by one in order to see the ongoing TV program right next to the channel's name) is still there, wasn't it supposed to be fixed in this official update ? This critical issue is really annoying for all the Z8 users I know...

3. We still can't add any VOD (movies / tv series) as "Favorite"

4. I didn't notice any change between the last beta update and this official update... Is that because I didn't do the factory reset after updating to the official update ? Or is the factory reset adviced only for a "cleaner" install ?

Thanks.

• Hello

I suggest these updates :

- hide group in vod as it has been done in live.

- hide channels in live group

- add indicator already watched for series

Thanks for the work.